Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

I cannot take this much longer...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Anyone have some miles that they could book a flight with? Maybe some Cap One miles that are not airline specific?

• Like Like x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Stickied for time being. :)

3. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    My latest message is waiting moderator approval again. So I will try again. My daughter set up a Venmo account under username @Brenda-Rhedin. If more info is needed then please let me know. I am not exactly the most saavy with this service. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    There’s an app for Venmo

5. ssplasma

ssplasma Premium Member

Nov 30, 2011
    American has a flight through Moscow to Heathrow to Miami on Tues and Wed morning $5800 is what he needs. His daughter should be able to book the flight for him if she has passport info.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    There are Etihad flights to Chicago that I can take. My daughter is using her remaining skymiles to get me from Chicago to Pensacola. That is how we were affording this latest cancellation. I am okay with long layovers etc as long as I can get to Pensacola and breathe again.

By the way, my daughter is the best! She has all my passport, drivers license etc information and is always willing to help her Dad out. Very proud of her!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I just found her account and sent a donation. It’s not a lot but if enough people give you should be ok.

Please let me know if you don’t receive enough to get you to Pensacola.

Also, if it gets crazy (I hope it does) and the donations are above what you need, please send what ever may be left over to your wife and kids.

Best of luck Intimi.

8. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I have lived my life giving anything to anyone and I never thought I would be the one in need. I really am sincerely choked up right now. Thank you so much!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Wishing you safe travels. In all kinds of weather. Found her too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Thank you! This really really means a lot to myself and my family. I promise to let everyone know the minute I touch US soil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Emirates and Etihad are my saving grace along with British Airways and Turkish Airlines. They are still working things.

12. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Much respect to you for your kindness. My wife who is Maldivian just said that nobody from the Maldives would ever do something like this. She is literally taken back from it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gave a few bucks, if nothing else it will cover a night hotel there or some meals if needed.

14. G8trJasonB

G8trJasonB Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    Seriously though, try the Embassy while you are working the airlines. If there are military flights, there is a more than decent chance that they will let you board, considering the situation.

15. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    My daughter just sent me a Viber message of your kindness! I am sincerely thankful for your help. Please let me know if you or anyone else ever needs assistance from me. My families promise to pay this forward as soon as things settle down.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Ok. How do I know if the money I sent from my credit card went through? I did not get any verification when I hit pay?

Also sent a friend request to your daughter. Where do I see that?

I’m old and not too savvy when it comes to this stuff.

Update: My wife said it’s pending. So I guess it will eventually go through.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  17. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Ill trade you if you give me Maldives

18. G8trJasonB

G8trJasonB Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    Post the last 4 digits of her phone number. It wants me to confirm that I have the right person.

19. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Better yet they tell you are stuck there for a few weeks. Here is your 4 Seasons on the beach

20. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    You have a deal! Things here just went south so fast for us and we tried so hard to make our little island community better. This downfall is truly the lack of tourists now. I will tell you, I don't really know where I got this from whether it was the military or my family, I just can't quit and to do this is heartbreaking because I always believe in life. So if you want the Maldives...it's yours. :)