Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

I’m in the need of some assistance please!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by dagatorfan, Nov 5, 2020.

1. dagatorfan

dagatorfan The G.O.A.T. VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Panhandle of Florida
    No this is not a plea for money! Lol

Little back story 1st...

On Oct 29, 2019 my dad was diagnosed with brain cancer. He had surgery & his body wasn’t able to over come the mersa & he passed away on Jan 29, 2020 at 64. He is truly missed. My mom & dad were together for 50 years & married 48 of those. I promised him I would take care of my mom and so far I feel like I’ve did the best I can. I talk with her every day & see her most. She just joined CrossFit with me & my wife so she is also doing fairly well. She has her moments but she always will.

So here the assistant I need...

I always wanted to bring my parents to a Gator game. They are both huge fans(dad more than mom) but it never worked out because they were millwrights & always on the road. My wife, myself, my mom & a cousin of mine are going to vacation starting Nov 14th. We are headed to Disney(my dad worked there in 1978 & my mom hasn’t been back since) for a week so we are taking her back. When the Arkansas game time was released it became the prefect opportunity to get my mom to a Gators game. So I’m asking if anyone has 4 tickets they would be willing to sell or part with so I can make this happen. My mom has no idea I’m trying to get her to a game & it would make her day if I can make it happen.

Thank you for taking time to read my post.

Sincerely,
    Heath

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Sorry about your father. I lost mine to brain cancer also. He was 62. Hope you score the tix and have a great time with your mom.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. etennant

etennant Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville
    Can you PM me your email address/contact info. I will reach out to my Gator Ticket Rep.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. GolphinGator

GolphinGator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    I believe they have had available tickets for all the home games so far so I would think they are available for that game at the ticket office.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dagatorfan

Apr 3, 2007
    Panhandle of Florida
    I sent you a message sir. Thank you!

6. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Just curious, how old were your parents when they got married?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. dagatorfan

Apr 3, 2007
    Panhandle of Florida
    16 when they were married.

8. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Ticket Exchange at floridagators.com has available tickets for that game for groups of four. So does ticketmaster.com

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Good luck Heath, I really hope you and your mom get to go!

• Like Like x 1
  10. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Heath, I am sorry about your dad, I lost mine to cancer in July. I hope you get the tickets and have the time of your life

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1