Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Humble Bundle : CyberSecurity Training

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by gatorchamps0607, Nov 26, 2019.

1. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    If anyone is interested, here are a lot of security training videos. I've used this before, it's legit. You can pay for whatever bundle you want. If you pay $15 you get everything. They have these bundles for eBooks sometimes as well. It's worth checking up on once in a while.

Humble Book Bundle: Cybersecurity 2019 by Packt (pay what you want and help charity)

It's not just IT bundles either. Games, developing, comics, cookbooks, novels etc... All kinds of stuff.

Humble Bundle

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA

Not bad. My advice is to study for and take the Security+ exam. If you pass it, like it, and think it's for you, go for something like those bundles. They are a little advanced for someone just getting started.

Sec+ is not that hard, but I could see where it could be if you are just starting out. After I passed Sec+, I passed SSCP by (ISC)2 and plan on sitting for (ISC)2 CISSP in the next year or two.

Good find!

3. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    Not sure if I'll go the security route or not. I'm thinking more along the lines of Azure. I've been working at a MSP for a while now and all of our clients at some point will be moving over to there or AWS (ours are mostly Azure). I may get Sec+ one day just to have it and it's great to have the knowledge. My net+ expired but I don't feel like paying to renew :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Nice! I'm not renewing my Sec+ or Net+. Too entry level to worry about those, lol. I've never used Azure, but I can see where it would be beneficial. I like having my gear on site, except when its 3am and something desides to take a dirt nap. Those suck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    Yeah that's where it really shines. Or when you need to add a server due to a heavy load. You can add and remove servers when necessary and not have to worry about buying a physical box. Very easy to scale up or down as needed.

• Like Like x 1