Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Huggies launches Smart Diapers.

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by gatorknights, May 4, 2019.

1. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    "That long march toward making smart diapers happen has been driven more by fears of slipping market shares than by any kind of real demand from consumers. The furious pace of innovation belies the fact that the US diaper market is in trouble. As the birthrate declines for the seventh year in a row, there are fewer and fewer new parents to buy diapers, and almost all major diaper brands have taken hits. After Kimberly-Clark, which manufactures Huggies, laid off 13 percent of its workers in January 2018, the CEO told investors, “You can’t encourage moms to use more diapers in a developed market where the babies aren’t being born in those markets.”

The smart diaper is coming. Who actually wants it?

The baby market may be shrinking, but as we baby boomers make our way into geezerdom, perhaps there might be another market for it?

2. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    depends..

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Does it notify the authorities when you ignore it for longer than five minutes? I don't want anything on my phone with such Orwellian potential. I would prefer to do my own thinking, caring, and smelling. Eventually, your credit rating is only going to be part of a larger character rating based on things like how quickly you respond to your smart diaper app, the appropriateness of your Tweets, what websites you visit, what YouTube videos you watch, the average character rating of your Facebook friends, etc., etc.

Last edited: May 5, 2019