Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Hudson Returning

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by alietigator, May 29, 2018.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 4
  2. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Jalen H will be in the running for SECPOTY. If he can get his free throw percentage into the 80s, he'll be a huge problem for defenders.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Top Performers 2017-18
    • Offense
    • Defense

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I am both happy and surprised in a good way. I thought that there was a good chance that he was gone. Maybe the wrong teams were showing interest.

I have to think that he will need to be the face of the team next year like Cheese was this past season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Singaporegator

Singaporegator GC Hall of Fame

This indicates that not only is Jalen a very good basketball player, he is also a very smart basketball player. I like that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The consensus seems to be that it's smart for any junior with any pro prospects whatsoever to declare and NOT sign an agent. He basically gets to workout for teams and get free advice and free evaluations from NBA teams.

Hudson has NBA talent and athleticism. Just needs to show more consistency. Esp. in February and March where he struggled a bit this past year. In November he played like a lottery pick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Agree on all accounts. This places JHud in a different kind of leadership role, which I think we all anticipate that he will embrace. Can't wait to see how he works with the young-uns.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ringwood, NJ
    Not sure I understand this. The draft is pretty deep this year, so it doesn't surprise me lots of kids are coming back. That Hudson didn't make ESPN headlines has absolutely nothing to do with his draft prospects. And, as someone else said, this is always the smart play for a kid who thinks he can go to the league. You get exposed to NBA scouts, let them evaluate you for free, and get a good assessment of what you need to improve on going forward.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Certainly made my day. So many comments on here are great to consider.

My one view, JH back allows players like Chase Johnson and Stokes to work their way in and not get thrown in to back up and possibly starter roles. Without JH someone was going to have to step up in the 3 spot. With the starting line up pretty much set this allows all the incoming freshmen to contribute however they best fit in, a plus for the program.

One caution, we must give the PG spot time to settle. No one is going to replace Cheese in just one year. Okauru and Nembhard will each add something to this team in their own way. Who can make the players around them better is yet to be seen. Best example, will Hayes be able to contribute more on offense with Nembhard or Okauru at PG? Either way it sure gives a good passer plenty of options with Hudson, Allen and Stone on the floor to stretch the zone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Now I am happy.

12. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Wow. I know I'm late to the thread but damn this is good news. Next year is shaping up to be a good one!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    This is key. There will be less stress on the newbies in the line up to score. Hudson on the floor, IMO, will draw the defense too, allow others to have more space - helping them....less stress, more room should equate to good things.

There will be some growing pains as the PG and other newbies get settled. We do need better seasons from Hayes and Allen. Stone needs to play an expanded role too. Will be key.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ApexNC

ApexNC VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    Also nice to have an active thread on NBN. Can't wait for The Competition that's coming up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Just saw the news...woohoo......fantastic!!! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Good points rserina. Yes, Ballard really needs to upgrade his play to get much playing time given the incoming Frosh.

Some good news for the Basketball Gators. This is much like getting Barry and 3Gor due to the increased experienced depth it will provide on the Wings meaning that, barring the same type of injuries that happened among the Bigs last year, there should be quality depth at every wing position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Too bad the Admiral is coming back to UT. On another note, I think it is great we have big time scoring coming back but what we don't have coming back and what I think will be the hardest thing to replace next year is Cheese's physical toughness. The guy was nails. I don't see anyone on our team that plays with half the toughness Cheese played with, and that rubs off in crunch time. Hopefully Stokes can bring it or maybe Bassett, because I'm not seeing it in any of these other guys.