Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

How exciting was it watch Tim Tebow back in the day!!!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 4everaGator, Jul 12, 2018.

1. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. StrengthAndHonor

StrengthAndHonor GC Hall of Fame

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa Bay area
    It's interesting how people are continually doubting Tebow in his baseball pursuits much the way they did in his pro football career.

Oh he'll embarrass himself in the instructional league against professional pitchers.
    Then he'll fall in his face in A-ball, never make it to AA.
    Doesn't deserve to be in AA, yet goes on to play better in AA than in A ball, sitting currently at .270.

Every time he proves his critics wrong, they raise the bar again and again, just like during his foray into the NFL. Instead of focusing on how impressive it is for a 30 year old man who hasn't played organized baseball since his junior year of high school to be holding his own amoungst professional baseball best prospects, it's rare to find an article that just speaks honestly about his game without getting in little sarcastic jokes and jabs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    I think if Tebow had beaten some women or gotten caught with some cocaine he’d probably still be in the NFL. Throwing motion lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Haven't really watched much of NFL since Tebow played. For him to not be in the league is ridiculous. It's all about the circus that follows him.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. goleafsgo

goleafsgo Recruit

Jul 2, 2018
    Toronto
    Honestly, the best.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    The last 5 minutes of every Broncos game were a blast to watch! Lot's of stinking up the field going on the other 50-55 minutes but in the end it was "Tebow Time"!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tencz60

tencz60 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2010
    Ocala.Fl
    They just don't come any better than our own Tim Tebow. Game on the line ? Give to Tim to Win .!! Go GATOR'S

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Most of that due to Fox putting the cuffs on Tebow until the game was all but lost. He also told Timmy to Beach it(throw it in dirt) if coverage was tight. Tebow took a lot of heat for his accuracy when much of the time he was doing as directed. If his accuracy was bad he would have thrown more pics instead of uncatchable balls. You could see the freedom he played with in Tebow-time. Even in that Miami game, Fox put the cuffs back on Tebow in OT. They get the turnover and run it up the gut 3 times for 1 yard and settle for a 52 yard FG.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hard to believe Denver cut him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Actually I believe they traded him to the Jets, where Rex Ryan had him but on weight to be a glorified punt protector behind Butt Fumble Sanchez. What a disaster.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    A great post! A great video!

And as always, despite another Tebow win, the so called and self anointed “smart” sports media types, actually couldn’t stand and frankly hated Tim Tebow! We all know that.

The video you linked for the final minutes of Dolphins Broncos game was classic! I listened to the game on the Dolphin Radio Network because it wasn’t shown in my area. Just a boring Bucs game. Just before the last few minutes of the Dolphins Broncos game, the guys on the Dolphin network for the game were happy and of course confident they were getting the win. Then Timmy put on his “Superman Tebow” shirt and all became pretty much quiet! What really ticked off the Dolphin radio crew was what you could easily hear many in the crowd in the Dolphins Stadium cheering, “Tebow Tebow Tebow” !

Then it wasn’t too long later there was an NFL game on TV in Denver between the Broncos and someone else. And it was so similar as the Dolphins Broncos game earlier plus. Tim leads the Broncos from behind to a great win in the last few minutes of the game. Then the Broncos fans started cheering “Tebow Tebow Tebow!” Then the TV cameras turned on Elway in the box area and it said everything! Elway was really ticked off! He had a very angry look on his horse face! It was obvious, the Broncos were his territory and no one else! No one was going to come into Denver and take his high adulation! No one! This was his kingdom and he, Elway, was the King! And only King!

Well, too bad, I got a Bronco jersey for the first time. Because it had “Tebow” on it. Mistake on my part, I guess.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Right. The Bucs still have a rapeist and crab thief at Publix as their starting QB.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 10, 2015
    I can honestly say what he has accomplished in pro ball so far is more than I ever expected. Baseball is a completely different animal. Being away from the game so long I thought would be too great a detriment to overcome. Let alone having to adjust to wooden bats. Kudos to Timmy. I hope he keeps moving forward and achieves his goal.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hey....THAT day wasn't too long ago. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 8, 2007
    It was always exciting...then again, Percy on the same field made it explosive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GatorRider

GatorRider GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007

I vividly remember that shot of Elway in the pressbox. And for that, I'll always despise him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Elway gutted the roster before Tebow took over. He was on a Suck for Luck campaign, trying to get another Stanford guy to replace him. Never saw a horse-tooth bitch more upset about winning and going to the playoffs.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    As I recall, the Tebow years at Florida were some relatively lean years for the baseball team. Too bad Timmy didn't also play baseball as a Gator and then opt for MLB instead of the NFL. We could've used him, and if he can improve to the level he's at now after not playing since he was 17, there's no doubt he could have had a long MLB career.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Behind Butt Fumble, McElroy, an octogenarian Sonny Jurgensen, and the late George Plimpton if necessary. When the NFL wants you to fail, you're going to fail. How I wish Tim had kept baseball in his options in college and told the NFL to go pound sand. Tim can't have a long baseball career at this point, but I hope that somewhere out ahead of him, there's a Kirk Gibson moment.

• Like Like x 1
  20. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca

• Like Like x 2