Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by g8orbill, Feb 2, 2017.
Back in the appraisal days, I could measure interior rooms by my stride which was almost exactly 3 feet. Also used the clipboard for tight spaces.
Don't they have laser measuring doodads now
^^ that's why there's all this info on tape measures now. It was recently declassified.
Yes, but it only works on the interior, the beam has to bounce off something to calculate the distance, and outside walls generally don't have that. Plus, the crying and whining and lying of RE agents and loan officers made me take a picture of the actual measurement so they can't lie about square footage. Didn't stop them from trying though.
The laser measurer was great when you had to measure garages that were wall to wall floor to ceiling filled with junk.
Might be a greater invention than sliced bread .. or peanut butter.
Did you know all these wonderful things a "dryer sheet" can do?
1) Repel mosquitoes: Tie a dryer sheet through a belt loop when
outdoors during mosquito season.
2) Eliminate static electricity from your television screen: Since dryer
sheets are designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your TV
screen with a used dryer sheet to keep dust from resettling.
3) Dissolve soap scum from shower doors: Clean with a used dryer sheet.
4) Freshen the air in your home: Place an individual sheet in a drawer
or hang one in the closet.
5) Prevent thread from tangling: Run a threaded needle through a
dryer sheet to eliminate the static cling on the thread before sewing.
6) Eliminate static cling from pantyhose: Rub damp, used dryer sheet
7) Prevent musty suitcases: Place an individual sheet
inside empty luggage before storing.
8) Freshen the air in your car: Place a sheet under the front seat.
9) Keep the shock away: Place a sheet in your coat pocket to avoid
the shock you get getting in and out of the car in the winter.
10) Clean baked-on food from a cooking pan: Put a sheet in the pan,
fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The antistatic agents
apparently weaken the bond between the food and the pan while the
fabric softening agents soften the baked-on food.
11) Eliminate odors in wastebaskets: Place a sheet at the
bottom of the wastebasket.
12) Collect cat hair: Rubbing the area with a dryer sheet will
magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
13) Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds: Wipe the blinds
with a sheet to prevent dust from resettling.
14) Eliminate odors in dirty laundry: Place an individual sheet at the
bottom of a hamper.
15) Deodorize shoes or sneakers: Place a sheet in your shoes
or sneakers overnight so they smell great in the morning.
16) Another thing you can do with them is to hang the sheets outside your
doors to keep the flies from congregating and getting in your house
everytime the kids open the door.
You don't have to use the expensive sheets either; the no name brand
dryer sheets work well. Put them up in your work shed to repel flies.
Just call me Suzy Homemaker.
Good stuff Mule, thanks!
That is incredible.....about half of those I could really use......great stuff.
First learned about the dryer sheets' use as a mosquito/fly/etc. repellent about 23 years ago. Then girlfriend/now wife and I went to an Easter Service at Boone Hall outside Charleston, SC. They have a crazy, bad no-seeum issue there and the staff was handing out dryer sheets to put on your head. Can't say it was 100% effective, but it made the service bearable.
You can also use them as a replacement for Swiffer sheets.
You don't speak from experience on #6, do you Mule?
After eating a bunch of chili, try putting a sheet down the back of your pants.
Only my hairdresser knows for sure.
Lol I hate to admit this but back in the 80's when I had my home building business I used to draw 2 sets of plans, the square footage numbers differed by a few square feet depending on whether the plan was given to a realtor for sales information or a sub contractor for bidding purposes. The actual number was usually somewhere in between with only me knowing it.
Hey it came out of the ground......It's called recycling.
Use only apple cider vinegar containing "the mother."
ACV is like the Swiss army knife of superfoods.
How many waist-whittling foods can also clean your home, give you luscious locks, treat infections, and brighten your skin? Here are 30 ways to use apple cider vinegar. Aside from being all natural, it is inexpensive and you usually only need a few teaspoons.