Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Home and home with Notre Dame

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by TJtheGator, Feb 9, 2021.

1. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Hall of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Maybe it will be the National Championship game, between now and then.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Hall of Fame

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    SO of all the 10 year examples, 1 is great.

3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Exactly .. another blunder. Sometimes we don’t think !!

4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

So do we .. $$$$. Not our job to provide cash to their coiffers .

5. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Hope u will! “Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to go now”. Kenny Chesney

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

That’s classic !! Lol... you may be in the batters box right now but I’m in the on deck circle

7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

This is really funny

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    It wouldn't have seemed as bad if you prepped for the game the same way our players did!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    I was on holiday in Brussels and listened to the game on the Armed Forces Radio channel there that no longer exists. Different media world in a short time

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, idiotic post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You have some of the worst takes I've seen on this forum... And all in one thread.

You seriously are unhappy that we scheduled ND because it's too far away? Because we MIGHT have a bad coach then? Because we MIGHT not be good?

Here's a tip. Go get a small fridge with a lock. Buy a new box of Wheaties and a new cartoon of milk. Keep them in there and locked. Because someone is pissing in them.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    You need to enjoy life and stay positive. Hope for the best and pray for others to do well and succeed. This is the first AD trying to schedule new and meaningful games in a very long time. We are building new facilities for all our programs and athletes. We are investing in the future success of all our sport’s teams. Our academic rankings are climbing. We will always need to do more, but I’m proud to be a Gator and any missteps won’t be due to a lack of trying. Don’t waste your time thinking about what might be in 10 years. We can’t hide in our houses for fear of a virus that won’t impact 99.8 percent of us. Go to the beach, let the sunlight and wind lift your spirits, ... I have a friend that avoided his Dad the last 11 months for fear of giving him the virus. His Dad just died of non Covid reasons. Don’t waste a moment in life due to fear. Be smart, but only worry about those things you can control and don’t miss out on moments that will never come again. Create memorable moments every day, as life is short. Don’t waste a day. Go Gators!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. GatorKenW

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

All I said, is it isn't that exciting to me. I don't care about your opinion. If my opinion bothers you then that is your problem. This game would be interesting now. but these schools scheduling series 10+ years down the road is .... okay. we'll get excited when we get there. Because most normal folks are more interested in what is going on now. What is the task at hand now. Is our team preparing for the games vs ND today? No, not we're not. The guys on the team will likely be on their 2nd or 3rd career by the time those games happen. Hell, College football may not even be a thing by the time those schedules are due to release. But yes, my not being excited about it is the problem. If your drawers are twisted then take that up with someone who cares about your opinion.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    When do you think they can schedule them? Honestly. I bet your post history is fun of whining about not playing top teams. Just a guess. You do understand that we have scheduled other P5 teans sooner right?

You do understand that ND had is own schedule right.

Just nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. GatorKenW

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

Again you assume stuff without knowing. I really don't care for people like you. I don't care what color shirt you wear on Saturday. These schools act like it's overly difficult to schedule a home and home series with a good team next year or 2. Not really. We all know how many home games we get. We know we're playing on Saturdays. Airlines and hotels are easy to book. Just do it. We can schedule FCS teams at the drop of the hat but act like we need congress to schedule a P5 school? But excuse me for offending Maxi here because I did not get excited that in 10 years we're playing a major program. Not even a P5 school really, they're independent unless they are finally forced to stay in a conference.

16. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm just not sure why you can't understand this. We have a conference schedule that we have to play. We have limited to no availability to schedule ooc games during the times we play conference games. One game we always play ooc is fsu. This leaves 2 to 3 weeks per year where we know we have open dates and know what they will be.

Right now we have scheduled. through about 2025.

We have ooc home and home games with other P5 teams including utah, colorado and Cal someone else I forget (edit texas in 30 31) Those go out to 2031.

Now, guess what, ND has a schedule too that they are committed to play. Because they are independent they have to schedule way in advance.

Now combine those two and it should be obvious that mutual dates for back to back are extremely limited.

I don't believe we should be buying out teams we've committed to play in order to play ND and don't see ND doing it either.

YES it is possible to schedule them earlier... At a high cost and if both are willing. But it is not practical.

So guess what they do... They exchange open dates and pick some that work.

Complaining about it is just weird.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  17. Gatorhead5

Gatorhead5 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Also Miami & NC State

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GatorKenW

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

I didn't read that. you're not going to change my mind. Call me in 10 years, I'll be excited about the upcoming season. You're running on and on about something without comprehending the root issue here. I have no interest in trying to change your mind, this is social media. People don't come to understandings anymore and we don't have to. so have a nice day, life, or whatever

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    ND in 10 years? Whoop-de-do.

For all we know both programs might be 3 - 9 teams by then.

20. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    I’m in the hole....