Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Hialeah Taco Bell refuses to serve customer who can't speak Spanish

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by JerseyGator01, Sep 15, 2018.

1. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Wow. This really unlocked injustice in the world. Where can I donate?

:emoji_upside_down:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. mutz87

mutz87 Ain't me VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Employee needs to be canned. Just as bad as the speak English aficionados.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Probably wants ICE to get involved.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Make her move to NJ?

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You like this? Interesting...

8. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    She should be forced to work the night shift at Taco Bell

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    Somewhere in West Virginia.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    The Taco Bell employee understood just enough English to respond when the customer asked her her name. Even in an area where the majority of the residents speak a foreign language there should be at least one or two employees who speak English - even if it's their second language - on each shift. If I'm Taco Bell I'm pretty ticked off that the franchisee has allowed this to happen. It appears the employee was trying to make the customer order from the menu in the back, but why the customer didn't or couldn't do that I don't know. The employee may not have understood the customer when she placed her order so the customer had to drive up to the window. It was an interesting video, for sure.

11. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hilarious. They immediately fired the worker and offered the customer a $100 gift card, but the greedy customer apparently thinks not being able to place an order at Taco Bell is worth much, much more.

In a later statement, Taco Bell confirmed: “This individual no longer works for the brand.”

In addition to that, Montgomery told NBC6 that the chain offered her a $100 gift card in response to the incident.

“A gift card is not gonna just solve the problem, it’s not gonna give me justice,” she said. “Don’t try to like sweep it under the rug.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    You have to ignore that part of the story, it doesn’t work with the “find obscure crap to piss me off” narrative.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Guys, it’s a Mexican restaurant.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    So a Taco Bell made a scheduling error on their night shift somewhere eh? And it had bad customer service as a result. Why is this a thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    My next thread: “Liberal bias at ChickFilA”

“Liberal Citygator ordered 8 nuggets and a large unsweetened tea and was charged for and received the 8 nugget combo which had the waffle fries he didn’t want from conservatitive ChickFilA”.

This is a true story. I am not making it up. I had a mix up at ChickFilA on my order. No $100 gift certificate either.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    What the lady did was wrong and she was apparently fired for it. The customer is wrong in not accepting the apology & gift card. Just move on...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. OrlandoG8tr

OrlandoG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    No, West Virginia is too good for her. As someone who partially grew up in West Virginia, despite all the deliverance and hillbilly jokes, they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They would actually try to treat her with respect.

Put her at a Taco Bell in Compton or Trenton and see how brave she is with her "speak Spanish" rhetoric in a dangerous area where she is the minority. See if she likes how she is treated by the local black population.

18. OrlandoG8tr

OrlandoG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Make no doubt about it, if this was a Taco Bell in Ohio and a white lady told someone to "speak English", losing her job would be the least of her concerns. This story and a picture of the lady would be on national news, she would be getting death threats, the media would make sure she is ostracized by her community and she would probably have to move and even possibly change her name to get a fresh start.

Of course unlike white people who turn on their own hispanics are smart and stick together. That is the one thing I give them credit for, they protect their own. She lives in Hialeah so she knows she's protected. If anything another hispanic will probably give her a better job just as a way to stick it to white people who dare ask that people living in the U.S. speak English.

I agree with the victim not accepting the gift card either. Racism is racism and this former employee is just as much a racist as a white person who uses the n word. By accepting a measly $100 gift card she would've been saying that me being offended is not as valid as minority groups being offended. That me being offended should be worth a measly $100. This lady is smart, she'll get more from Taco Bell just to shut up.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  19. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Why?
    Did the lady do this because she really couldn't understand or speak English or because she was being a dick? Either way so what.
    Why is this news? Why do we need to know this? And I feel this way about 90 percent of the news we now get.
    I don't care what happens on ethical or even state level outside of where I live.
    This case...someone did something wrong at work and got fired for it. So what. It probably happens 1000 times this weekend. But it's front page on yahoo and now here.
    Everyone...left and right...can find something to be offended by....and do...all the time because all events...news or not..are now available to everyone.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    Did they correct the order.

I’ve had a few messed up orders over the years. Every time, they were corrected and I also, was not offered a gift card.

Oh the horror.