Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Head Clown Fired from the SOW/SWAC (F$U)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by twodaparty, Nov 3, 2019.

1. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Here's Herbstriet's rant on FSWho.....starts at the 6:00 mark

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason All American

Dec 5, 2009
    I wish they had stayed on the WT bus. In any event, we owe Haggins a beatdown in the Swamp to make up for the egg we laid the last time we faced him. Afterwards, I hope the SOW wanders in the losing wilderness for years to come, goes through numerous incompetent coaches, and finally just shuts the whole wretched program down for good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    I would have been willing to take a deliberate loss at home in the Swamp to the Noles if it would have got them to stay with Taggart another year...that is really really hard to say but I really would. That being said maybe they string together a couple wins and keep the interim coach permanently.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    I am close family friends with former Fsu president Sandy D’Alemberte and his beloved family. For the last 22 years, I have attended the D’Alemberte Family Thanksgiving, although I’m not sure the tradition will continue this year as ol’ Handy Dandy Sandy (his nickname) passed away back in May this year. RIP

Throughout the many years as a distinguished guest at the D’Alemberte’s Family Thanksgiving Celebration, I have met many fsu higher ups. In fact, I just hung up on a phone conversation with one of these high-ranking people, where I asked him about what trait fsu is looking for in its new coach. He said, “Our primary focus is finding a new Coach whose life goal and sole mission is to ensure the team is properly hydrated.”

True story, bro.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  5. duvalg8r

duvalg8r Sophomore

Jan 1, 2008
    I believe Charlie Weis' buyout from Note Dame was in excess of $20M, but am not 100% sure.

6. PlantationGator

PlantationGator Junior

Jun 21, 2014
    Really! The FSU Administration needs to tell the next FSU Head Coach
    to bring plenty of Liquids, perhaps water, Gatorade or Seminole Fire Water,
    so that the dreaded hydration issue doesn't come up. :eek:

7. What did that cost them?

8. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

This would not be good at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Brodeur

Brodeur GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Leach's name seems to come up in a lot of coaching searches. I highly doubt he leaves Wazzou, he knows his personality doesn't work everywhere and their relationship is very good these days.

Does Art Briles still have a show cause? Him or Lane Kiffin seem like the natural hires to me. The other names floated here I have trouble seeing.

10. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Stoops. But Stoops ain’t biting.

11. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    You'd like to think a Briles hire would cause a Tennessee/Schiano situation but they already have one Briles on staff so idk. Would the Domers actually can Kelly to chase Urban and would FSU be in the mix for him if that happened?

13. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Nah, any true competitor believes he can make a difference in 21 games. And many good leaders can.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    How did Josh Griffis get the $$$ to go to IMG??

15. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez All American

Nov 29, 2016
    That’s Jim Moran as in the Jim Moran Institute at FSU. JM Enterprises gave FSU 90 million dollars for that institute so yes there are some deep pockets around. How many and whether they are motivated to cough up more for a big name I don’t know. But if they do they will certainly want a say on who it is.

The other thing to remember is the President is retiring in a year and the AD is a short timer. He’s actually an accountant brought in to fix the $$ mess.

Under normal circumstances it’s a good job. Under these circumstances it is a terrible job. Not knowing who your bosses will be makes the hiring process awful.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

16. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 All American

Nov 14, 2015
    I don’t understand the obsession with Mike Leach. He’s a wannabe Steve Spurrier... Leach could work at South Carolina, but he just doesn’t seem to be the kinda fit for a traditional rich program.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    And it would take at least two years to establish recruiting connections here as well as he isnt exactly known for the being the best recruiter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. avgator2000

avgator2000 Sophomore

Feb 2, 2019
    Oswego, NY

19. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Too much painful truth in that. Has he apologized yet?

20. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    1. Bobby Petrino
    2. Hugh Freeze
    3. Art Briles