Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

HB 1: Election Reform

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    North Carolina
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Unfortunately there's not a chance that gets through the Senate, much less trump. Republicans want to make voting harder as doing so, having less people vote, benefits them.

3. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I could do you the same in reverse: Democrats want it even easier to vote, because it makes it easier to cheat. And voter fraud benefits them. And whensoever lawful voters cry foul over voter fraud and demand control measures to make it harder for people to cheat, then Democrats will airily say that there’s no such thing as voter fraud and it’s “racist” (somehow) to even look into it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Nice opinion piece from William “powerful” Cobb.

I see the radical left has moved from #OpenBorders ..... to #OpenBallotBox.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    It’s 100% factual that the republicans are the only party that cheated the ballot box this election. I’ll let you know when I am represented in Congress as my seat in NC that represents me wasn’t certified due to cheating by Pubs... with absentee ballots.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    So few words but not one is accurate. Skillful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    North Carolina
    You most certainly could not if you held your knee down from its instinctive jerk and read the bill. There's nothing in that bill which makes voting any more subject to fraud than it already is - and, by the way, always will be to some extent, man being what man is. If it's voter fraud you're worried about, Republicans commit it, too. If you are such a patriot, surely that disturbs you, too. Be that as it may, the bill encompasses a number of areas which need to be addressed to ensure more citizen involvement in the democratic process..... or are you, like a loyal communist, afraid of that?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Mine was a reply to the poster’s assertion, not the bill, which I have not read. Apologies. I thought that was clear.

9. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    McConnell immediately scoffs that people would volunteer for D's on election day. The horror, participating in democracy on behalf of your candidate of choice.

That is downright unRepublican, therefore it must not be tolerated.

10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Except Republicans have basically admitted that their strategy is to prevent people from voting because it harms their chances. Democrats aren't saying their strategy is to expand the right to vote to increase voter fraud. Plus, @citygator has already pointed out that the whole one-way street argument you're making isn't accurate.