Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(WBK) Hayes

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by BigIgator25, May 3, 2018.

1. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    will go to Clemson to play for Butler..

2. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    was she invited to seek other opportunities or just following her previous UF coach?

3. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    heard it was an invatation

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. middlepolitix

middlepolitix Freshman

Mar 7, 2017
    Hear Thomas is likely to land at LSU. Also heard both used most, if not all of their visits. Bigs are hard to come by and I think both proved ability to play at this level.

I really hope we're getting more in return with the players that replaced them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    Thomas was never going to be a fit, she was barely 6 ft tall also. I wish her the best.

Hayes just really wanted to be with Amanda and was hoping she would land somewhere soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    I don't think Hayes or Thomas either one are elite talents but both would have been serviceable. Elite posts are rare to find. I don't know that we have one (Moore is our best hope I believe) but we have 3 serviceable bigs for next season. I wish we had one more, but won't be suprised if Cam doesn't run a lot of 4 guard lineups. Funda, Delicia, "Kiki", Ariel, "Manu", Danielle, and Sydney (hopefully) all could give us quality minutes. I am taking a wait and see approach on Elif's development and Corey's talent level. Cam obviously has been working in overdrive to rebuild the roster. All 3 bigs will be his recruits and slated to return the following season along with a 4th in Emer Nichols.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    I hear Corey is very talented or he would have run her off, I like the make up of the team if we had at least 1 more big like you said. I still hear we might get one more..still people out there we are looking at

8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    I think she may contribute some.... the fact that she is still not a scholarship player makes me wonder a bit though.

9. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    not really the time of year to add her, but if it comes summer B or something and still not added then that may be a hint.

10. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    I hear the womens game is close to allowing immediate eligibility if the player qualifies after she transfers. But the Big 12 is the only conference holding it up, but they may have something worked out by the end of summer. That would allow that 4th big to play..interesting

11. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    I have been following it. I thought the same but read something yesterday that said it wouldn't take full effect until the next season, which makes no sense to me. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Nichols could probably use a year off to condition and develop IMO. Still hoping to snag a grad transfer or Euro post for next year. I love that Cam already has balanced the number of players in each class... one of my problems with Butler. I wouldn't mind going a little over with this freshmen class if we can get Lacorzana out of Spain and /or Fiebich from Germany

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    yea i just reread info sent to me also

13. middlepolitix

middlepolitix Freshman

Mar 7, 2017

Talked to a basketball guy I know and he says Thomas only looked at 2 programs - Auburn & LSU - and both gave offers. Hayes' relationship with Butler apparently won out over offers including Missouri, Virginia Tech, Purdue & Marquette - all solid programs that experienced post-season play.

It'll get interesting if they upend the transfer rule. Interested in how Robinson will work out. I think Nichols is a project and will only see limited minutes, barring foul trouble or injury. I actually hope we do not see much 4-guard rotation for this team. I just believe there needs to be more of an inside presence to be successful in this conference. You can pretty much look across the conference and teams the struggle on the interior are at the bottom.

14. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    Nichols wont play this year, they want her to lose about 30 lbs and the year off will allow her to work hard on her game. From what I was told A&M really ignored alot of girls and that is why they had a mass exodus this year.

I saw Thomas signed with LSU...good for her, I enjoyed talking to her. Just never thought she would be a starter for us.

Hayes it was all about Butler the reason why she went there. Butler is already getting a few why did we recruit a girl she got a commit from. Clemson should not complain they are bottom of barrel for women they way they treat womens programs there

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. middlepolitix

middlepolitix Freshman

Mar 7, 2017
    Yeah, Unlikely Thomas would've been a starter - even if Butler was still here. But she had decent output for her minutes (particularly rebounding) and every team needs solid role players (just ask the Cavs about the Celtics). Just thinking it would've been interesting if that whole 2017 class stayed intact. Karissa broke the freshman 3's record this season at Purdue, so she easily would've had success in Cam's system. Smeenge didn't get a whole lot of minutes at Michigan, but having a 6' guard reserve could've made a big difference on our thin bench - especially after the loss of Morang. That original class had a player for every position.

I wish all those kids that left great success for their futures. Regardless of why it didn't work out here, they committed to the program - even though not with their planned coach - and gave us what they could.

16. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

17. middlepolitix

middlepolitix Freshman

Mar 7, 2017
    upload_2018-5-25_13-36-16.png