Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Has the "Quote me!" feature been removed?

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by pkaib01, Mar 9, 2018.

1. pkaib01

pkaib01 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I no longer have the option when highlighting text from another post.

2. solari

solari GC Janitor Premium Member

It's working for me - I highlighted the text above and clicked reply and poof it's here.

I'd like someone else to chime in if it's not working for them either so we make sure it's not isolated to your set-up...

Ray

3. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    Didn't work for me either.

4. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa
    I just clicked on the Reply at the lower right of each post in this thread and you can see the result below. If one clicks on the Quote it also works but doesn't give you the option to see any of the posts in the thread.

The question in my mostly empty head is what steps are pkaib01 and anstro76 taking when attempting to quote other posts. It sounds like you folks were selecting text with your mouse.

By the way, there used to be a " in the text toolbar to add a quote. This has not been placed in the Insert icon which the third icon to the right of the smilies face icon.

5. solari

I figured it out... We upgraded our forum backend and the current theme doesn't support quoting very well. Fortunately the new one we are working on works fine with it so hang in there until we switch over to it once we're doing hacking away.

The good news is the new quote function is fabulous and works really well, even across multiple threads. And you can select/deselect or sort through them when posting. You'll also have the option to reply or +quote when you highlight text.

In the toolbar, click the plus icon and quote will show up. I'll see if I can change that back.

Thanks,
    Ray

• Like Like x 1
  6. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Is indent gone for good?

7. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    I'm not sure if it's on my end but all of the sudden my pictures are broken links. It's never been a problem for me before...

8. solari

If there is enough demand for it, I can activate it. : ) Trying to keep things as clean as possible.

I'm not seeing any issues thus far so it may be your system. Also could be a firewall issue. Where did you try to view them, i.e. which thread?

Ray

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  9. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I don't know how many people use it. I use it set off quotes and or links from outside sources. If you use the "quote" feature for them, then when someone replies, it is stripped out.

It's just a convenient way to post an article summary or quote and have that summary be included when someone replies to it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. solari

You make good points, so I restored those buttons. Enjoy : )

Ray

11. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. solari

As info the quote me feature is fully functional now that we are on the new style, so try it out.

Ray