Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Has anyone here upgraded to Windows 11 operating system?

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by Gatorrick22, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I like the new set up, but I can't move Powershell to my desktop... Does anyone know what the deal is, how to move it? Tanks in advance.

By the way, my computer prompted me if I wanted to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free. Not bad so far.

2. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Temple Terrace
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. katiehartman

katiehartman Recruit

Mar 28, 2023
    One of the biggest advantages of Windows 10 is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for people of all skill levels to navigate and use. Additionally, Windows 10 offers robust security features to protect your data and identity, including built-in antivirus software and biometric authentication options like fingerprint and facial recognition.

4. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Windows 10 is still easily hackable. It's why there are security fixes every month, which should be another tonight. I can't remember if it's the 1st Tuesday or 2nd Tuesday of every month. The issue for me as a developer is being forced to update. With Windows 7 I could push it out a few weeks until I got past a critical deployment but Windows 10/11 doesn't give you a ton of leeway and worse, you have to reset the damn interface every time or you get the auto updates. Sometimes I forget to go back and pause the updates after I hit the limit and have to update.

5. micahfaulkner

micahfaulkner Recruit

Jul 26, 2023
    Glad to hear you've upgraded to Windows 11 and liking the new setup! As for moving Powershell to your desktop, it's a common query among users. Here's a quick fix: Right-click on the Start button, choose "Windows PowerShell," and then "More." From there, click "Pin to Taskbar" or "Pin to Start." You should be able to access it easily from your desktop.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I like windows 11... I'm already used to seeing the links/search in the middle of the taskbar.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. gatormonke

gatormonke Freshman

Apr 26, 2022
    I wanted to, but it told me my hardware wasn't compatible. When I looked into it, it turns out there's some chip you need that allows the CIA to spy on you, so I was like, "No thanks, Bill Gates, I'm cool with Windows 10."

True story.