Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Harbaugh won't hear the boo's

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, May 20, 2020.

1. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    "Heck yeah, I'd be comfortable coaching a game without any fans," Harbaugh said.
    "If the choice were play in front of no fans or not play, then I would choose to play in front of no fans."

Harbaugh: Empty stadiums better than no games

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    Harbaugh is a weird dude. He still hasn't won a big game at Michigan. If he wasn't an alumnus, UM would have ran him out already.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

I bet if the fans could choose to watch with or without Harbaugh, they would choose without.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    He’s in over his head against osu but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wish Arthur would fire Quinn and hire harbaugh and his weird ass

5. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    Will Harbaugh ever beat OSU? He is the new LLLLLLoyd Carr.

6. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

if a $8 million dollar coach continues to lose to Ohio State and no one is there to boo, ...

8. policegator

policegator Recruit

May 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2020
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    Not a fan of Harbaugh but only 9 Power 5 teams have better overall winning percentages than him over his Michigan tenure. Unreasonable expectations lead to consistently dissatisfied fans.
    Urban has the best record of any coach in the last 50 years. Saban & Swinney are the only active coaches even close. Every other coach is a failure to some of you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. crescent_beach

crescent_beach Sophomore

Sep 25, 2016
    Yep. I despise Mythigan and think Harbaugh is a mega-dork, but he averages more than 9 wins a year and his players seem to stay out of trouble. It’s tough for fans to realize that winning 9+ games a year is really difficult to do... as we ourselves lived through during our lost decade. CFB is cyclical- he’s had the misfortune of matching up against archrival tO$U, always the dirtiest program north of the Mason-Dixon, while they had one of the greatest coaches in CFB history. Mythigan is like us in some ways- we both refuse to cheat at the level of our rivals. Not sure who they think they could hire that would have done much better so far.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I think it’s a reach to have Herman and Holgorsen in there with Harbaugh. Last season was Holgorsen’s first at Houston - way too early to judge his performance there. Herman inherited a mess and has only had 3 seasons at Texas. Booger Eater has had 5 seasons at Michigan to get one signature win and has yet to accomplish that initial milestone. And I hope that trend continues

12. crescent_beach

crescent_beach Sophomore

Sep 25, 2016
    Agreed re: Herman and Holgerson. Although Herman is supposedly a terrible human being and Holgerson a raging alcoholic. So there’s that.

How do you define “signature win”? Harbaugh’s best wins appear to be his two (and only two) victories against top 10 teams, 2016 against #8 Wisconsin and 2019 against #8 Notre Dame.

FWIW, I wouldn’t take any of them over Mullen. We got the hire right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I’d start defining “signature win” for him as any win over Ohio State. Or that Penn State game. Or hell, even that bowl game where he got his ass kicked by the Florida Gators in Dan Mullen’s first season.

Chomp!

• Like Like x 1
  14. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Skink,

You’re all over it… This guy is the most overpaid coach in college football and routinely gets thumped by his rival While playing in an average conference

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    3-5 losses a year, 1-4 in bowl games and a failure to beat the big rival means you SHOULD be on the hot seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2013
    SC
    PA.jpg They can set up several of these and hire a pro boo squad

17. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The last Thing you want is an overpaid coach that commands little respect. Michigan’s AD apparently thought they were getting Urban Saban and it hasn’t worked out that way. The price and buyout has handcuffed them. They need to be real happy with the AD or whomever otherwise was involved in that deal because if I were above if I were above it I would be looking to cut some people.