Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Happy Birthday to a Great Gator, Tim Tebow!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Aug 13, 2022.

1. RayGator

RayGator Administrator Emeritus Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    1987. August 14th. 2022.

Happy Birthday to a Great Gator QB, Heisman Trophy Winner! Champion!

“15. TIM TEBOW!” :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    Happy Birthday Tim!
    Thanks for all you’ve done for the Gator Nation, College Football, and people around the world.

God’s blessing on you and your family.

Go Gators!!!

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. thatguy

thatguy Moderator

Oct 2, 2020
    Tallahassee
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Happy Birthday Tim.
    Please call Princess when you get a chance.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Hard to find a better representative for Christ.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  7. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    Thanks Dawg, andI agree.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. revgator

revgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Amen. Absolutely agree.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. savannahgator5220

savannahgator5220 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Savannah Ga.
    He is now working against human trafficking. Happy Birthday Tim. Wish I was half the man you are.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Happy Birthday Timmy. Hope you enjoy your day and year. Thanks for being a Gator and doing all you do for humanity.
    GO GATORS!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    He needs to call me.

Happy birthday boo.

12. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Now THAT is what I call a leader. May not be the brightest mind in any building, but a great leader should never be. They just need to give their peers a sense of belonging to a greater cause and to show fidelity to that cause.

Too bad we live in a time when "celebrity" is more important than "fidelity". He could be great but I am afraid he is mainly going to be a footnote and a focal point of divisiveness to what should be our priorities.

But that does not change what I think of him, Gator or not. Happy birthday and may God bless...you more than He already has.

13. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I beg to differ. Being bright or smart or well educated means one has knowledge of things, stuff, information, etc.

But then there is understand. So knowledge + understanding combined seem very desirable. But do they have the last needed ingredient?

Wisdom. For all the people that were bright, smart, knowledgeable, etc., those that lacked "wisdom" ended up, for the most part, fools.

I knew a guy in college, studied with him a couple of times, he was one of, if not the brightest, minds in business that I ever knew. It was incredible how much money he made by age 30. Today he is serving a very long sentence in a Federal Pen, his 3rd or 4th conviction in the past 35 or so years. No wisdom, not a drop.

15. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Okay, we differ in what makes a leader. Now I did not say what makes someone successful, I said a leader. IMO, if a leader is the smartest person in the room, the rest will naturally acquiesce to what they think is the lay-of-the-land. It puts them in a mindset to say "someone else is in-charge" and, while they want to be a part of the big picture, they can become more of a passenger than a key component that implicitly knows the success HAS to depend on their skills. An Alpha, mental or physical, takes that away.

Now a truly gifted leader? The one who IS the smartest person but knows that it can NEVER be known...ever. Things that the others need to succeed just manifest. Call it the secular version of karma or kismet.

16. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    tegator80, you make very good points.

I cant remember the name of the tv show, I think on espn, it was a quiz show, I only saw part of it 1 or 2 times. Some guy who seemed to know absolutely every detail about MLB, hockey, football, etc would go against someone else in a one on one Jeopardy kind of quiz show. Sorry cant recall the name, but this guy had a mind, memory that was amazing. His vast knowledge of sports information did not necessarily equate to wisdom, only knowledge (smarts?) of sports.

Then there was a video I saw eons ago of Stephen Hawking at Cal Berkley (I think there) and he was giving a speech. He opened up mocking God and got laughs. Said something like "What happened before God created the universe, was he sitting around and got bored?" Lots of laughter then he went into his (if my memory is correct) theory of "Singularity" as in the universe had no beginning which thus means that something material was created from nothing without a "cause". To which I laugh at Hawking.

Mankind should strive to achieve knowledge, as in depart from a state of ignorance. Then understanding, as in comprehend the meaning and purpose of the knowledge. Then the pinnacle: Wisdom, the application of what is known and understood, then applied and utilized for that which is the best.

17. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    Photos of his wife would help this thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Agator88

Agator88 All American

Oct 7, 2014
    Stump the Schwab or something like that?