Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Had To Post It... FSU & Miami In Two Fantastic Bowls!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by DeBigLeezard, Dec 9, 2019.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Can’t trust PAC conference teams in Bowl games. They play no D in that conference. Look at Utah schedule and who they played for example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. enviroGator

enviroGator Premium Member

Apr 12, 2007
    I am actually glad they both got bowl games. They are both going to lose money on the deal and they might both lose the game. No way either fan based travel to those games. Check they don't even go to home games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GatorHighlights

GatorHighlights GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2009
    Arizona St will carve them up. I don't know if they'll win but they will drop a bunch of points.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cpgator

cpgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Uhhh...prior to the early 90s Florida lived on the low end of college football. Zero conference championships, never won more than nine games in a season and only did that seven times in 85 years. FSU and Miami both had national championships before UF did. Five of our first seven bowl games were the Gator Bowl. Short of trips to the Sugar and Orange Bowls during Spurrier's playing years UF football was a non-entity on the national level.

Don't forget where we came from.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. USAFColonel

USAFColonel GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Southwestern Illinois
    '83, '84, and '85 were pretty good years for the Gators

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Please let this poster stick around.

Over the past 15 seasons, Miami has 2 bowl wins (counting the 1-point win over Nevada in the Computers Bowl!), as you may recall, some of those non-wins came in years when they didn't participate in a bowl game.

More importantly, just remember when you hold your hands up, you're indicating how many sacks you allowed against the FLORIDA GATORS!

How many sacks?

[​IMG]
    Yep, 10, that's right. :D

Here, let me save you the trouble: Football vs Florida on 8/24/2019 - Box Score - University of Miami Athletics

And yes, that is the most sacks your team has ever allowed in a game.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. cpgator

cpgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    They were. 84 and 85 were my first two years on campus and those teams were truly memorable. That said: nine wins, a ton of serious NCAA violations and no SEC titles due to those violations. UF even achieved its first ever #1 national ranking which lasted exactly one week until Georgia dismantled them.

The sad thing is I think Gator fans were better fans back before Spurrier. Being a Gator fan was work because you didn't have all the trophies to hang your hat on. After SOS fans began to feel entitled. They started to view wins and titles as some kind of birthright rather than the product of really exceptional coaches and players. Spurrier and Meyer proved that they were exceptional without Florida. UF has yet to prove it can be exceptional without Spurrier or Meyer.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  8. SuperMOM

SuperMOM All American

Jan 31, 2016
    Da U went to the Sun Bowl a few years ago and it snowed. Here's hoping that the noles get the same treatment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason All American

Dec 5, 2009
    Gators 28
    Miami (Mythical National Champions) 3

• Like Like x 3
  10. gatorich

gatorich GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    6-6 in the crappy ACC no less.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    The ASU defensive line is going to crash thru the Noles offensive line like Tony the Tiger crashing thru a wall made out of cardboard!!!
    [​IMG]

12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    FSU's bowl game got a little easier today. ASu's best running back, Jr. Eno Benjamin, declared for the NFL draft and is not expected to play in the Sun Bowl. This leaves ASu with only one, true FR running back with any significant game experience, and two other freshmen that can play in the Bowl game and still maintain their redshirt eligibility. Not sure if Benjamin will make an impact on the NFL, but he's a solid back that was the best offensive player on the field when ASu beat Arizona a few weeks ago. Benjamin is also the QB Daniels' go-to guy when the pocket is collapsing and Daniels is looking to check down. Hard to say how the ASu freshmen running backs will perform, but Benjamin was a known quantity with a lot of quality.

13. iwannaperfectseason

iwannaperfectseason All American

Dec 5, 2009
    Maybe Akers will do the same for the Semis. That would even things out.

14. Gatorologist

Gatorologist GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I hope the Sun Devils eat their Wheaties that morning and crush the sugar flaked holes!

I can't root for bulldogs so I'll hope for a High pressure system in Shreveport!

Go Gators!

15. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    Like I have said before... I have been to Shreveport... and honestly... you don't wanna go there!
    Independence Bowl--Shreveport.jpg

16. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    Honestly if who would watch either of those games on a random Saturday? The viewing audience will be the player's and coach's close friends and relatives.