Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Guide To Recruiting Panic

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Joaqui, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Joaqui

Joaqui Sophomore

Jul 17, 2016
    I know recruiting season can be hard so here is a guide to help you navigate the times and your emotions.

Guide to exact days and appropriate level to worry about bad recruiting:

August 1st - raised eyebrow level

December 27- hand on chin with long hmmm level

January 31st - Full panic level

February 5th -Fire everyone, shutdown the program, when does the basketball tournament start?

• Funny Funny x 7
  2. sd_gator

sd_gator All American

Jan 18, 2009
    Florbama
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. Joaqui

Joaqui Sophomore

Jul 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If past perfomance is an indicator, GC by mid-July:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Half our class are 3 star recruits while our measuring stick programs(Bama, georgia, LSU, fsu) are less than 25% with a 5 star sprinkled here and there. I realize OP meant this to be a fun thread so sorry if I'm the buzzkill. I feel Mullen and staff are being far out recruited after a great opening season.

Please don't interject that we expect our 3 star commits rankings to improve because the same goes for every school. Something not right and that we lost four(?) exceptional players already from our previous class makes difficult to see how we are going to field competitive, deep teams and effectively lowering the rank of our previous class to 15th or lower before it ever sees a day of practice. If I knew from here we were going to only land the best, brightest, greatest to finish the class I would feel better but I don't see that- usually staffs reach a little to finish classes. It almost looks as if staff was cutting corners and reaching academically to get our last class into the top 10.

I guess I'm a believer in the star system and overall trust the evaluations of recruiting gurus and other staffs.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2014
    6 Mile Creek, Florida
    A year ago at this time we were a 4-7 team with no championships of any kind in the past decade and outdated facilities. You’re saying one 10-win season and no championship is gonna completely turn this around and have us recruiting head to head with Bama and Clemson?

Seriously?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  8. Joaqui

Joaqui Sophomore

Jul 17, 2016
    I agree that our current recruiting isnt where we want it or need it to be but what I will say is that it is too early to worry about 2020 recruiting. So much happens in the year, and so many recruits decomit and commit again.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    A year ago our class was outside the top 20 after several decommits and we ended up with a top 10 class. We’ll finish with a top 10 class this year, and hopefully a couple more big wins to continue rebuilding our brand.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Junior

Jan 26, 2016
    February 6th - well we have a top ~10 class that filled all our needs with guys that fit Mullen’s system and a few underrated guys due to injury, raw potential, Ramadan dietary restrictions, playing blindfolded, etc.
    With Mullen’s coaching advantage we should compete with anybody. Just have to shore up position group x (usually OL). I’m excited about the direction of the program and the guy we missed doesn’t matter because next years kid right in our back yard is much better. So I’m pretty happy.

11. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan All American

Mar 17, 2019
    Is it a book like recruiting for dummies? How much you are selling it for?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    Don’t worry... be happy!

13. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    Is that you, stevo?