Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

GRRR ~ irritants

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by lacuna, Feb 22, 2020.

1. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I'm in the midst of a project that requires 98 wooden beads with a 4 mm drilled hole. Found what I needed on Amazon so ordered 2 packages of 100 beds each expecting some of them to be unusable or defective. They came promptly but the holes for most were 3 to 3.5 mm and the first package I opened contained only 93 beads. The 2nd package had 105 beads.

Rather than go through the aggravation and the delay of sending them back and having to look further for what I needed, I spent 2 hours re-drilling the holes to increase their diameter so I can use them.

What has irritated you but you ended up doing because it was necessary or expedient?

2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    A career in the RE business. :) (jokey joke)

That, and buy a few laptops because my towers mysteriously crapped out. Thank goodness for external hard drives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Because of my wife’s severe asthma, going outside for long periods of time during the winter when it is cold (relatively speaking for Jacksonville) and during the spring bloom are largely impossible. So during the months of November to May I am the lonely responsible party for walking her dog (I say her dog because they are best buddies and I am just the guy who takes him for a walk).

4. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Umm...
    Let's see...

Poison Ivy...
    Fire ants... and

My ex-wife

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Back surgery.

Get a drill press. Drilling holes in beads might be therapeutic. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. lacuna

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Teaches patience, anyway.

7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    bad drivers, drivers who pull out in front, drivers who clog up the passing lane, slow drivers who refuse to use the pull outs on narrow roads....or is this not a pet peeves thread in the making?

8. ElimiGator

ElimiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    I am impressed you had a 4mm or #22 drill bit handy!!

Hmm. Any failure that occurs at hunting camp is irritating such as dead feeder batteries, game cameras with dead batteries and no pics to see, and last but not least is hunting over an empty feeder because a team member forgot to do his part. All are preventable occurrences but once something has failed, it takes at least two weeks before the situation normalizes. As the most successful hunter of our small group, I am usually the one who fixes these problems because IT’S NECESSARY!

9. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Througout my driving...(and I've done a lot, from going from hotell to hotel, both as a waiter in the 70's, then as an entertainer in the mid-late 80's, fromNew York to Miami, up and down I-95...then across I-80 to Chicago, and more)......

I've discovered the two States with the worst drivers...(and it's not Jersey)....

Massachusetts....for some strange reeason, the drivers there have this strange habit ...
    When they're at an intersection, waiting to turn right onto the road, they'll wait, ...at an empty intersection.....and when a car comes driviing on that road.....they pull out right in front of the oncomiing car.....

And then...there's Florida.....
    There's nothing like an old ford station wagon driving in the left lane of I-4 with their right turn signal on....and it looks like there's nobody driving....until you finally get the nerve to pull up alongside it inn the right lane, and see an old lady or old man, who is driving by looking UNDER the steering wheel....
    There are so many "Blue-haired women" on the road...

Plus, no matter what State you're iin...my Father taught me a hint that still rings true to this day....
    The biggeer the glasses, the worse the driver.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    2 ply toliet paper. I dont care who you are, or what state you live in, you can get good toliet paper. Thin, see thru, rough as sandpaper, tolietpaper is worthless. Stop buying it people.

The one parent in the drop off line at school who waits until they are the first car in line to let their kid out and then sit their while the little prince or princess finish their juice box, gather their books, coat and lunch box, put their coat on and then get out....only to turn back around to the trunck of the car to get their bedazzled poster boards for a homework project out....20 minutes later and the line is hacked out onto a busy intersection...but hey, little miss cant be wrong got her kid to school on time. No one else did but that's not her problem....

Hunting camp slobs. Pick up after yourself. Clean your dishes. Sweep the cabin. Stick firewood BEFORE you leave etc...

11. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    1973 I got married.....Soon learned I married the wrong girl. 47 years later still married.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. defensewinschampionships

Sep 16, 2018
    Are you ok? Man you have been in a seriously dark place lately.

13. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    I'm cool, thanks for asking. This post was made in good humor....the thread about my neighbor was something that has been on my mind the last couple of days. Just trying to understand how the human mind thinks in such situations.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. WhattaGator

Grrr...Another big irritant....

People who put their shopping carts in one side of the aisle, then block the whole thing by browsing on the other side of the same aisle...or worse, ...they leave their carts unattended while they're getting something from the other side of the store..

When they choose to do that...I throw aa buch of stuff into their cart while they're shopping elsewhere.

Same thing when they're in the checkout lane, and decide they "have to get a half pound of ham from the Deli,", or something like that...but leave their cart in the line........
    BZZZZ!!! Sorrry...your cart can now be found in aisle 5.

Years ago, when I lived and worked in the Catskill Mountains (AKA the "Hebrew Himalayas")...it was bad up there in the market, with so many "Kosher" people there...The 1st thing I did was grab about a dozen packages of bacon and put them in my cart...and whenever ppeople left their carts abandoned, or "had to get something else,"...
    when they left their carts, I'd simply toss a package of bacon into their carts, ande they'd have to shop all over again.

15. lacuna

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I confess I was once tempted to plaster 'Save a Life, Donate Blood' bumper stickers on the back of cars belonging to Jehovah's Witnesses while they were parked in the parking lot at the local Kingdom Hall. Never did it. Sanity prevailed.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. defensewinschampionships

Sep 16, 2018
    Edit: these two quotes are from Whatta and Lacuna. In my early morning fog I forgot how to multi-quote effectively.

This reminds me of a far less funny practice in Texas where a group of Texans tried to prevent the construction of a Mosque right after 9-11 by dumping pig parts on the ground right before construction began. They did this at three separate locations before the feds caught up with them

17. WhattaGator

That was actually not a bad idea.....
    After all, the Jehovah Witnesses ARE irritants when they come knocking on one's door. ..:)

But....I like when the Mormons come a' knockin'....
    When they do, and ask me if I've heard the Good News, I invite them in....I'l listen to them for a few minutes, until they begin to tell me about their Book of Mormon....
    Once they do, I bring out my Bible, and ask them if they really know it and believe every word of it....Ondce they say they do, I ask them if they know Revelation 22:18, which says...

"For I testify to everyone who hears the words of this prophecy of this book. Ifr anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book"...

Then I ask them, (if they're not alreaedy heading for the door, not olny have you added to the Word in this book, the Bible, but, how in the name orf God can you dare to push and promote an entire extrra book to the Word?"

They usually leave without sayihng a word. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    I have no idea if it is true but I had a friend who swore when he saw the Jehovah Witnesses in the neighborhood he would strip naked and answer the door in the nude.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Any and all traffic in Gainesville. Ok, I'm exaggerating just a little bit, but putting on all those miles in Orlando during the massive expansion years was nothing compared to the nincompoopery around here. Fortunately Domino's (and Publix for that matters) delivers. :)

I-75 at 39th, Newberry Road and Archer Road are the worst, even worse than 436, I-4, East Colonial, and Goldenrod Road. The expressway system was the best thing to happen to O-town. Now I-4 and SR 434 cannot be helped. :)

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I've lived in Tampa for a long time and grew up in Florida and spent much time in Orlando during the same time period. You are right.

I have a couple about this site. 1. Tweets not showing in Mobile if you are using chrome. C'mon.

2. No discard button when replying to a post. Maybe I don't want to respond after all.