Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Great Tre Mann write up

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Matherly87, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    This is by far the most detailed and accurate write up I've seen yet on Tre Mann.

Game Night: Madison County at The Villages – Source Hoops

Apparently this week The Villages had an epic match up against Madison County. I'll leave it up to you to read if you want to know how it went. Unfortunately for all who were not there we missed "The Dunk". Its pretty impressive when a high school kid gets a glimmer of comparisons of Vince Carter and Michael Jordan for two of his scores in one paragraph. No he is not to be compared to the greats all time but Tre certainly has leaping ability. Its a good read, trust me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 407king

407king All American

Dec 8, 2018
    His ability is going to allow us to do so much more offensively next year. Will be really fun to watch the lineups next year. Going to have serious talent at 1-3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    I'm predicting that Mann will be our best freshman next year. He fits the DDO better than any player MW has ever coached. For that reason I think he'll start at some point over AN.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m going with Scottie Lewis. He might be the best player in the senior class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    I'm a huge SL fan but he's not even the best player on his team.

6. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Lewis and Antoine are both incredible but I think Lewis will mean more to the Gators next year than Antoine will mean to Villanova. With our returning roster Lewis will get more court time early on than Mann to begin with which will help propel him through the season. Mann may very well take the starting spot from AN later in the year but AN will be more productive next year as well with better players around him. One advantage Mann will have over Lewis, Mann already knows Gainesville and is used to living in Florida.

7. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    It can be debated whether Antoine or Lewis is the better player. They are both better than Tre Mann. Antoine is a scoring machine, while Lewis has an all-around game that includes defense at the level of a Corey Brewer. Lewis, I believe, is currently projected by ESPN to be the 4th pick in the 2020 NBA draft. As an aside, Lewis and Omar Payne go up against each other tonight in the Ranney/Montverde game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Please stop injecting hype. If he's as good as you claim he is, there's no need to hype him.

9. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Rats I forgot that game was tonight. Do you have any details? I'd be happy with anymore hype that you can share.

10. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Okay. Fine. I will go back and give you what you apparently think is a more appropriate reply.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    No. He is the best player on his team.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Antoine's offensive game far surpasses Scottie's. I love Scottie's intangibles and think he's going to be a great teammate and leader, but if you're talking pure talent, it's Antoine.

13. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I watched the first quarter of last night’s Ranney vs Montverde game. Montverde destroyed Ranney. In the first period, Scottie was the only positive force for Ranney on both ends of the court.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    I'm truly wondering how many Ranney games you've seen.

15. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    For those interested in a Tre Mann thread, The Villages will be playing The Rock tonight at Vanguard High at 6PM in the Vince Murray Memorial. I'll be there and will share some notes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Let's hyperbaric.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I made it to Vanguard tonight and watched The Villages High take on The Rock. Tre Mann was off tonight and still scored 21, mostly from the free throw line. He only hit like 5 shots from the floor and probably missed maybe 12 others. Made no 3 pointers and hit maybe 70% of his free throws. Tre Mann got double teamed a few times but it wasn't like The Rock was set on fouling him. He just had an off night, offensively and defensively. This game was more about the rest of the players on The Villages. They all played very well especially forward Brandon Farmer. I'll see if I find a more accurate account of Tre's night but this was more of a game to forget about.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    FWIW The Rock has a highly rated 6'9" sophomore Lynn Kidd that sat out last night because of some injury. He's a top 30 prospect, very good measurables, that has Florida in his top 5. If anybody in Gainesville can start tracking this guy, he can be really good some day. Reminder to those outside of North Central Florida, The Rock is Scottie Wilbekin country.

19. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
  20. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I watched the entire Federal Way vs Ranney game. Lewis went head to head against 6'10" Jaden McDaniels, the 5th rated senior in the country. Nationally ranked Federal Way led at the half, but Ranney came on in the 2nd half led by Lewis's 21 second half points. Lewis dominated McDaniels scoring 26 points for the game and holding McDaniels to 10 points on 4 of 19 shooting. I also have watched plenty of video on Lewis and Antoine, including a one-on-one game that you can find on You Tube.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1