Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Grantham

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by brees2019, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Greenard followed Grantham here.

2. mcorsair15

mcorsair15 GC Legend

Sep 2, 2018
    No argument, he didn't close that class out for sure. I'm just saying we can't give him credit YET. I think Grantham is a fine DC, I'm just hoping we develop and recruit some studs because we aren't beating BAMA or LSU or maybe even Georgia with the defensive line we have( minus Greenard and Zuniga). His most impressive win was against Auburn for sure, and he always makes great adjustments at halftime (other than LSU) .

3. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Langston is a '21 guy, wingo I believe is slotted to play LB. But we are looking promising. Also have powell and goods.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The only point I can disagree with you on is if our D is elite. It’s pretty darn good.

I think, unfortunately, Grantham is a somewhat passive recruiter. Our D recruiting is pretty good but not elite.

Every coach in the business has a player or two they recruited that if transferring would certainly consider that relationship on their decision.

Our D is pretty good. Our recruiting is pretty good. Watching our D play is a lot of fun. If your point is only that our D recruiting is not elite and could improve I wholeheartedly agree. We have glaring holes and needs and to me that our D class is not all but full with stud DL and elite DBs is a slight concern. Maybe next class we take that leap.

To me Grantham is lucky(we are lucky) he knew Greenard. One DL in two classes was slack.

5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Our man Trask doesn't throw that pick in LSU's end zone and we have a different game too

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    You are Correct on Langston, and I know Wingo plays LB, but so does Moon who basically plays the Buck position. Any more theres not much difference between a Rush end in a 4-3 scheme and Buck/LB in a 3-4. Scheme.

7. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    HE has done more with less, and yes if he left I would be very disappointed.

Strong will not be back, and I can't even believe someone would utter TOG back as DC, that says it all IMHO on this post.

8. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm concerned about Powell's shoulder

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Why let any facts get in the way when idiots are coach bashing.

10. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    all that wasn't necessary man lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

duly noted, and deleted

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    OP was a troll correct? Checked his account and it is now deleted

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. GatorMcCluskey

GatorMcCluskey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    this thread is pretty ridiculous. Grantham's been doing a solid job with what he has to work with, especially now missing our only real pass rushers in Greenard and JZ. The secondary is fairly strong, but this is one of the slowest and least impactful front 7s I can remember since Zook's first year. People need to slow their roll on criticizing this coaching staff - they're putting our guys in positions to succeed and doing more with less, and once they get the talent level back up across the board, the sky is the limit for Florida football.

14. Gatorchip

Gatorchip All American

Feb 3, 2010
    Unpopular opinions tend to get suppressed. My criticism doesn't go over well either.

15. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    I think the question for me is which position is wingo really coming to play? Numbers wise I'm hoping it's a LB like reese or Houston or miller, rather than a LB like moon or greenard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Wingo is going to be an unbelievable linebacker the kid is amazing

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mcorsair15

mcorsair15 GC Legend

Sep 2, 2018
    So the defense that led us to 2 straight SEC championship games were coached by Geoff Collins....and recruited by Muschamp. So they did have value from a recruiting/coaching standpoint. So sad that tjose defenses were wasted by Mcelwains horrendous coaching. I think Grantham is doing fine. I imagine he'd be doing great with those players in 15 and 16. I think this thread can be summed up in saying we need Grantham to recruit those quality type of players to compete

18. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    We need to pump the brakes on saying we don’t have talent. We have plenty of talent on D. We’ve have a mix of injuries though

I hated Granthams plan vs LSU but other than that it’s been solid.

One trend I’ve been noticing is we’ve been using a lot of really delayed blitzes that are just too slow... at least will be vs the good QBs

19. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    We have the #16 Team Defensive Efficiency, which I like because it adjusts for factors such as opponent and field position.

What's crazy though, after years of seeing us closer to 100 than ten, we are now have the #22 offense. Overall, #11 team efficiency.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mcorsair15

mcorsair15 GC Legend

Sep 2, 2018
    Sorry not trying to say we don't have talent. However I do not think we have the defensive or offensive line to compete with bama or Ohio state or Oklahoma or Clemson. Those are the big boys we're chasing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.