Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

GoT Season 8: a poll (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by exiledgator, Apr 11, 2019.

Who rules Westeros?

1. Jon Snow

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Daenarys Targaryen

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Bran Stark

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. Arya Stark

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. The Night King

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Cersie Lanister

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gendry

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. Jamie Lanister

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tyrian Lanister

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  10. Samwell Tarley

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Don’t publicly discuss the latest “Game of Thrones” episode until this day of the week

Not all GoT fans watch the shows on Sunday night when they are first aired. Results of a recent poll indicate less than 40% of the shows viewers see it the first night.

But by Wednesday, more than 70% of people who are going to watch by the end of the week have seen the show, meaning you won’t be spoiling anything for about three-quarters of your office.

On the other end of spectrum, if you are in the 2.4% of Game of Thrones fans who watch the previous episode the Saturday before the new episode airs—what are you doing?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Unbelievable....I was able to overlook the fact that they had flying dragons since those were probably a holdover from the dinosaurs. But now they want me to believe they had Starbucks back in that era. I'm starting to believe this show is a fake.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    ^
    Well, that's more creative writing than the last 4 episodes

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. enviroGator

enviroGator Premium Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Note to self: Don't tell Sansa secrets.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter! Premium Member

I just wanted to come into this thread and say I've never seen a single episode of GoT.
    Not one.

Am I alone?

Also, I like Starbucks.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    It wasn't a Starbucks cup of coffee, it was from Thronebucks, so it is ok.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Tribune news services
    HBO wipes up ‘GOT’ coffee gaffe

HBO has quietly scrubbed the misplaced coffee cup out of the “Game of Thrones” episode that aired Sunday night.
    The network acknowledged the gaffe Monday after fans spotted the takeout cup on a table in front of Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) in a scene just before the 17:40 mark. It resembled a Starbucks cup but in fact came from the production’s craft services — and someone left it behind in Winterfell.
    “The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake. Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea,” HBO said in a statement.
    HBO wipes up ‘GOT’ coffee gaffe

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. tec68

tec68 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 12, 2010
    Vero Beach
    It’s going to end up either being Cersei winning or Jon vs Dany.

9. gatormark89

gatormark89 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Dany is pregnant and will give birth before both her and Jon are killed off. Their child will rule with Tyrian’s guidance.

10. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    I expect the dragons to come back as a major factor. This last episode did a great job of taking Dany's huge advantage away. "Oh no... my one dragon is worthless... "

One interesting theory I've seen is that in season 4 Drogon disappeared for some reason for several episodes. What if it had went off to lay eggs. Dragons are apparently described as bi-gender in the books, so while Drogon seems to be male, he/it may actually be able to lay eggs. Those eggs could have hatched and those baby dragons could have been growing up for the last 4 seasons making them as big as the original 3 were in season 4. Euron thinks he only has one dragon to deal with, but while looking up into the sky he sees a swarm of dragons coming at him hence his "Oh shit!" look in the trailer for the next episode.

I really like this theory for a couple of reasons. If this hasn't happened then Drogon is the last of the dragons and they are essentially extinct again. That does not seem likely to me. I really like that it ties in so well with how the audience and Cersei has been led to believe that the dragons are now useless in the battle. A triumphant return of the dragons gives them a way to avenge the death of the other dragon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    You are not alone. I think there are around 3 of you in the world.

However, you should watch them. It really is a good series, however, this season has been a bit weak and poorly written. Seems they are just in a big hurry to wrap it up.

12. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    A critic writing for 'Esquire' agrees with you.

Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 4 Was a Writing Failure - Daenerys Jon Situation Explained

Editor's note: This story contains spoilers.

We've spent months hearing about the third episode of Game of Thrones. Fifty Five (55!) night shoots! Brutal conditions! They endured all of this for what was hailed as the biggest TV battle of all time. And all that work paid off. It wasn't perfect, but it was big. Then, after all of that immense effort we get an episode that leaves a modern Starbucks cup on a table in Winterfell's great hall. We get an episode where the writers don't even bother to name the "new prince of Dorne." It's as if the writers, the entire crew, the showrunners got through the Battle of Winterfell and simply gave up. This, sadly, was Game of Thrones at its worst—Episode Four is reminiscent of some of the lowest moments of Season Seven. It's nonsensical, lazy, and cringeworthy from beginning to end.

..... And speaking of Tyrion, he's talking with Jaime in Winterfell when Bronn just walks into their room with a crossbow. Remember last time we saw Bronn, Cersei sent him north to kill her brothers. How does he just walk into the room of two of the most powerful people in Westeros armed with a lethal weapon? Don't bother answering that—it doesn't matter because nothing matters in this show. Bronn's quest also doesn't matter, because Jaime and Tyrion just talk him out of killing them. His days of fighting are done. He'll come find them when the war is over. And just like that Bronn is lazily written out of the show.

The same goes for Tormund, who is written out of the show because he and the wildlings want to return to the north. And tragically, after being absent for a few seasons, Game of Thrones also writes Ghost out of the show in a clunky way, with Jon telling Tormund to take the direwolf north for no apparent reason. It's truly a disservice to a fan favorite character....

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. leftcoastgator

leftcoastgator Ambivalent Zealot Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    Let's see. I'm Jon Snow, and I just
    • Watched many of my close friends and allies get killed by the undead
    • Survived an encounter with a gigantic undead dragon, barely
    • Watched many of my subjects in Winterfell get killed by a tidal wave of the undead
    • Just found out that my father, whom I worshipped and who loved me at great personal cost to his marriage, is really my uncle
    • Found out that Daenerys, my true love, is really my aunt Dany, and may want me dead
    • Mislaid my Starbucks skinny no-foam triple latte with an extra shot
    • Realized I'm going to die leading an exhausted and depleted army against a fortified bastion manned by superior mercenary forces.
    And, worst of all, people on the internet are giving me a load of sh*t because I didn't say goodbye to a dog.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    it was a wolf :)

15. GatorToTheEnd

GatorToTheEnd VIP Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Pensacola, Fl
    So this has been 10 years of my life wasted. These guys have no business running another series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    I thought it was a great episode. Several people died and there are still a few left for the throne.

17. leftcoastgator

leftcoastgator Ambivalent Zealot Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sonoma, CA
    I liked it too. Series finales are really tough, maybe impossible.

Now Dany must die. Jon has to step up.

18. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    Whoever posted that spoiler jpg was dead on

19. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

RIP The Golden Company, at least the elephants are safe.

20. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I didn't care much for the first 4 episodes (save maybe E2), but yeah, I LOVED last night! I thought it was an amazing one, and can't wait to watch it again...