Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

GoT Season 8: a poll (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by exiledgator, Apr 11, 2019.

Who rules Westeros?

1. Jon Snow

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. Daenarys Targaryen

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Bran Stark

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. Arya Stark

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. The Night King

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Cersie Lanister

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gendry

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. Jamie Lanister

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tyrian Lanister

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  10. Samwell Tarley

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

I'm not convinced its that simple. I think before the end of the show, someone will become the new night king, return beyond the wall, and the cycle begins again. Maybe we'll learn more of how they came to be in that process.

2. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I remember hearing that Arya was his favorite character, but Sam reminds him of himself...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I agree. They'll tie everything up, but they'll foreshadow some other cycle starting with the end of this one...

4. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    I'm ready for some more crazy curveballs. S8 hasn't brought enough, IMO.

My pet theory was all the White Walkers were previous/killed 3ERavens, but I couldn't find the old-man-in-the-tree-root's face on any of those mounted freaks...

Bran is the obvious choice, but who knows. Seems like the children of the forest are needed again. Are there any left?

Would have loved to have seen Bran bend the knee to the NK last night. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ExportGator

ExportGator All American

May 7, 2007
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Bran's knees are always bent

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tec68

tec68 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 12, 2010
    Vero Beach
    Where was Ghost in all of this? He was there then we don’t see him fight at all.

What was Bran doing the entire time he was out of body? Maybe we get an answer or was it pointless?

Why weren’t the dragons using fire against the white dragon?

Also, if the White Walkers are gone it was a disappointing conclusion. They were literally “The Bad Guy” from the first scene of episode #1.

Just some details I’m unsatisfied with. Guess that’s what happens when you hand the conclusion over to movie writers/directors without the details.

7. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    My son told me he saw Ghost in the preview for next week, so he must have survived unless it is a ghost. :cool:

8. wgbgator

My take on Bran is that he warged to both watch the battle (its boring just sitting by a tree, why not get a literal birds eye view), and when he does that it basically tells the night king where he's at. So, it was a ploy to tip the night king off to his location and make him reveal himself.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    I read a very plausible theory on Bran being the Lord of Light (or at least some type of embodiment) and how he basically controlled many of the events of the entire show in order to lead to the Arya / dagger moment. Remember, Hodor? Yeah - he could do this!

It was posited by a redditer, then taken down [not true*]. It was so compelling it's been picked up by a lot of outlets as an "article".

That dagger has its own story arch starting in S1.

*EDIT: Found Reddit link.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  10. wgbgator

I mean, compared to the other gods, he's the only one who gets results, raising the dead and setting objects on fire and such. I don't understand why all of them haven't converted like Stanis yet, even Ser Davos has to see it at this point!

11. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Well, the NK and his God also have the power to raise the dead and control ice and snow (see blizzard @ Battle of Winterfell).

So not the only one. This fits nicely into the Reddit-er's theory above.

12. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Maybe Arya? You kill the Night King you become him/her? She has the killing part down.

13. wgbgator

Well, the show revealed how the NK came to be. The Children of the Forest made the NK and the white walkers, from humans (i.e. the First Men). Arya did kill the NK in the same place where the Children stabbed him to create him. Bran has some connection with the Children of the Forest. Its all plausible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    The killing did happen next to a heart tree, which seem seem to be important for CotF / LoL type voodoo. Maybe City's onto something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. enviroGator

enviroGator Premium Member

Apr 12, 2007
    I worry that the ending will now be anti-climatic. The battle w/ the Night King should have been the ending.

I really liked an internet theory I had seen prior to this week that had the night king go straight for Kings Landing and take out Cerci first and then come back for the three eyed raven and Winterfell. That would of been an epic ending.

I also expected Arya to use her face taking ability to take out Cersei. Now that seems unlikely, as that would be too much of a role for her. Although her being the grinning Euron taking out Cersei would be pretty cool.

It does seem as though Bran has been working the system, but it has been so subtle I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with that being his ultimate roll.

Oh well, at this point I guess it is time to just watch.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. big_woman_lover

big_woman_lover Recruit

May 5, 2019

17. big_woman_lover

big_woman_lover Recruit

May 5, 2019
    [​IMG]

18. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Probably not Meghan Markle as she will be soon be taking maternity leave. ;)

19. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Close...

20. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Danny’s in trouble. Can she put her lust for the throne below saving the 7 Kingdoms? Nah. Looks to end badly for her.

Missandrei seemed too sweet to be alive I guess.

All paths point to Jon as being worthy. Bad news for him too.

If Arya kills Cersei I’m sticking with my pick (her).