Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

GOP is accused of sending misleading ‘census’ forms

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mutz87, Feb 25, 2020.

1. mutz87

mutz87 Leon's getting larger VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    [​IMG]
    LA Times

By Sarah D. Wire
    Staff Writer
    Feb. 20, 2020
    3:20 PM

WASHINGTON —

The Republican National Committee is sending documents labeled “2020 Congressional District Census” to people in California and across the country just weeks before the start of the official nationwide count of the country’s population.

Critics say the misleading mailers — in envelopes labeled “Do Not Destroy. Official Document” and including a lengthy questionnaire on blue-tinted paper similar to the type used by the real census — are designed to confuse people and possibly lower the response rate when the count begins in mid-March.

The top of the mailer states it is “commissioned by the Republican Party.” In smaller print on the second page, below a request for donations, is a notice that it is paid for by the Republican National Committee. Included in the envelope is a four-page letter from National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel asking for donations to the party and a promise to support Trump in 2020.

Unlike the official census form, the RNC survey is largely made up of political questions, such as whether the respondent supports using military force against Iran, thinks race relations in the country are getting worse and believes “political correctness” has gotten out of hand.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    Disgusting but totally expected. The deception and shenanigans will get much worse as the election draws nearer. GOP motto: "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    "and it's only cheating if you get caught. Even then, write a check and it all goes away". :(

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    According to that, it was sent to key supporters. Was it sent to everyone or just Republicans?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That mailer is supposed to go to only registered republicans, not everyone. I got one too and I tossed mine:) I know the difference between an RNC mailer and the US government's official Census survey; I'm not stupid. Notice how the author never stated who or how many received it. I also like how an RNC mailer ended up implicating Trump. The USSA - guilty unless proven innocent. I'll text a few of my liberal friends and see if they got anything from the DNC. They all do it but the spotlight is on the RNC right now. The DNC could mail a letter laced with anthrax and there would be no liberal media coverage on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. studegator

studegator Senior

Feb 24, 2008
    I got one and it went in the trash----
    I wish now I had filled it out just to f#$% with them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    let the deflection and equivocation begin....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    I got one too and I did fill it out just to (mess) with them.

Similarly, I got a phone "poll" call last weekend that asked me on a scale of 1-5 how likely are you to support and vote to re-elect our great President. I said ZERO.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2020
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Leave to out resident haters to mislead us with FAKE NEWS...

10. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    My wife gets those from pretty much every conservative cause and has for years(she is registered Pub).

Since I'm registered NPA I get them from both sides

In either case they all end up in the same place.

11. studegator

studegator Senior

Feb 24, 2008
    Whats fake? That we received misleading mail from the RNC? I've already dumbstered mine or Id take a picture just for you.

12. studegator

studegator Senior

Feb 24, 2008
    Ive received several of those calls, now I put those numbers on "block". Then they rotate calling numbers so I seldom pick up a call unless I know the calling number.

13. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    I wonder if the Dems will be back to their mailers telling Dems their Dem neighbors will know if they don't vote etc. as they have the info.

14. mutz87

Aug 30, 2014
    RNC is not a victim here.

15. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There are no victims here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I got one too and tossed it. It is obviously not meant to mislead anybody who could read.

17. gaterzfan

gaterzfan Senior

Feb 6, 2020
    This is nothing new. I’ve been receiving these for many years. Just another mailer to raise money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mutz87

Aug 30, 2014
    I don't disagree. NTL, these types of mailers and as ursidman had gotten, push polls, are of a kind of deviousness that bothers me about the way we do politics and elections.

• Agree Agree x 1