Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Good stuff, fellas!

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Jan 7, 2020.

1. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    With high expectations and some early floundering . . . this team has dealt with a lot, and a lot of noise.
    Kudos to them for staying above the fray. It's only two games into conference play, but we sometimes are quick to offer critique, and slow to give praise.
    Believe it or not, these kids often hear and read what is said. . . so Kudos, fellas! Keep it up!!!

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    It's like someone threw a light switch at halftime of the Bama game

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Singaporegator

Singaporegator GC Hall of Fame

Kudos indeed! USC came out and punched us in the face. We took it and punched back. Best we have played this year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I was just telling the my kids the same thing.

• Like Like x 3
  5. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 VIP Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    10-4, 2-0

Not too bad after an up and down start. Good thing is we're trending in the right direction...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I don't think it has been mentioned in the other threads but Scottie wound up with 15 points and 9 boards tonight. Was 6-6 from the charity stripe.

• Like Like x 8
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bgator85

bgator85 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sarasota
    I’m hoping the difficult non-conference schedule pays dividends. They’ve faced a lot both on and off the court, and it appears they’ve rounded into a confident and cohesive unit of late. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum and build a nice conference record right out of the gate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bogator

bogator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Fort Myers
    Young team who haven’t played with each other much. Bound to be some growing pains, but they seem to be gelling for conference play. I’m sure there will be regressions, but have to think the trajectory is up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ufg8r3283

ufg8r3283 Freshman

Dec 7, 2019
    It's easy to forget how it can take teams time to learn to play together and for a coach to learn how to best utilize his talent.

To come off an emotional, double OT win and then go on the road in conference play against a physical team playing with a chip on their shoulder after losing at home to Stetson, and come out with a nice performance speaks a lot to me.

Well done men! Keep up the good work!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  10. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    I am eating crow right now after starting a “Next Coach” thread...really hoping we continue this play!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 VIP Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    yes another near double-double and 2nd game in a row with 6-6 FT

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HallGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Most everyone was frustrated with the start to our season. The high expectations made it even worse.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Yep - hate to play the youth card, but it's obvious this team struggled early, due to a bunch of freshman + sophomores + one senior grad transfer. It takes time for kids to learn to play with each other and for young players to find their shot. How many teams have we played that are as young? I'm gonna venture about 0 to maybe 1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    What I saw:
    Andrew is starting to play like he did in the last part of last season. Noah has regained his shot. Keyontae is playing at a high level. Blackshear affected the game despite the scarce minutes. Dontay draws a charge on every other play. Scottie L is really starting to get it. Omar is steadily improving, and has the longest arms I've ever seen on a human being.
    I expect some lapses, but we've got momentum now and are beginning to look like a dangerous club.

• Like Like x 2
  15. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    “Has the longest arms I’ve ever seen on a human being.” I agree, when he first came in it seemed like he had to measure how far down he has to shoot the ball! LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Junior

Nov 29, 2016
    If we can win the next 2 @Mizzou and home vs Ole Miss, then we are finally back to playing with some house money when Aubs comes to town followed by LSU on the road and a good Baylor team at home after that in the Challenge.

If we can get to 4-0 in the league, our guys should be feeling great and really playing loose. Then watch out. The sky is the limit.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Junior

Nov 29, 2016
    To beat SC on the road on a quick turnaround and a Double OT game says something about our coaches and players. That Bama game may turn out to be the turning point of our season and maybe, dare I say, MW’s career in Gville. Will be fun to watch.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Great win for Coach White against the brilliant Frank Martin.

Andrew starting to take control of the offense, KJ had a good game and Scottie is starting to feel comfortable in our offense

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Always good to beat Martin, he’s been our kryponite.
    Gotta win the next two against Mizzou and Ole Miss, because after that it gets crazy tough, we will see how much progress we’ve truly made. Our three games after our next two - Auburn LSU and Baylor in a row.
    Overall We still have UK, UGA, LSU all twice. Auburn, And Baylor left too. That’s 8 of our last 15 games. So we will soon get put up to the mirror again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    Baylor game is going to be HUGE! Our OOC results right now are an eyesore. We have just the one quality win (Xavier). While we don't have any terrible losses, we have a couple that are looking worse as we move along. UConn looks to be a mediocre team (they are trending downward and we are the only decent team they've beaten) and USU has now been blown out 3 straight games. Baylor now becomes the biggest "must win" game on our schedule. We can't afford another OOC loss when the SEC is looking so mediocre this year. Not to mention Baylor would be a huge "resume'" win. An excellent opportunity at home to beat a top team.

• Agree Agree x 3