Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Golden Post Game comments: Kennesaw

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Nov 11, 2022.

1. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Golden seems like he will play to our strengths, not just have the team jack up 30 threes in hopes that someone catches fire and we get lucky.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. wdcurtis4

wdcurtis4 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's really nice watching this team have an offensive identity again (take the very short 2 pointers-and being hyper-selective on looks from 3).

The last team we had with any kind of identity on O was the team with Igor/Jalen Hudson/Canyon. And that was really only because we had some hyper skilled wings.

This year is going be really fun when things come together on both sides of the ball-I am guarded however on my expectations for winning more than 9-11 games in Conference, as this is the the Most Loaded SEC I have ever seen.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  3. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Major difference to me in watching this team vs last years team is the guys looked like they knew what they were doing. Last years team looked like a 5 on 5 pick up game with little rhyme or reason. I think this team will surprise some and I believe will make it to the big dance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigigator15

bigigator15 VIP Member

Oct 28, 2022
    Hollywood FL
    It was obvious there was less intensity with some of the players this game, matter fact most of them. They were happy with themselves after the first game. But also remember, new team, new system, new personalities..gonna be ups and downs at the beginning of year.

They called some ticky tack stuff on Kyle and I was very surprised at a few of his fouls. No need to mouth off, but I could feel why he was frusrated

• Like Like x 1
  5. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

Just a guess, but before the season I was prepared for our guys to have to learn to play together as a unit. Just too many new parts. Perhaps they are not comfortable enough to just play and are "thinking" too much. Agree that it will interesting to watch to see the progression this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator

Sep 15, 2007

7. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    the major difference for me in watching this team vs last years team, is how much less dribbling we do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Yeah, Niels is one of our better defenders, but one of our lesser scorers. I think CTG is hoping a couple of the others will improve their defense.

9. BTEGator

BTEGator GC Hall of Fame

May 24, 2007
    On the flip side, I was hoping Lane would come in and shut down the hot shooter...and improve on his offense.

But I understand...the game was close and within reach for the Owls.

10. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Riley shut 40% from 3 last season. I believe that Kowacie shot 34% from 3 in his last season in high school. So, I don’t believe that Riley really needs to develop his shot, although he might need to adjust a little to the extra foot or so of distance.