Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Golden Post Game Comments: FAMU

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Nov 30, 2022.

1. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Typing as I listen….
    I was really looking for great response tonite and that we were ready to compete, and execute. It was not even about making shots. It was about our Transition defense, taking care of the ball, rebounding. Overall we did well. Shot the cover off the ball which is great, but those other things just take effort

Trey just stepped up. With guys out, there were more opportunities for him and Wacie, and both played fantastic on offense. Trey did a nice job on high ball screen action. He can really get it going and didi tonite.

kowacie was in a tough spot in Portland .. not playing a lot. With those guys out — you gotta stay ready. I was proud of him- he looked confident, good floor game. Scoring wax fantastic and his all around game really good. That’s encouraging.

We are still a little fatigued- red-eye flight and not a lot of rest. We will take tomorrow off. Transition defense will be continue to be a huge focus and physicality on defensive glass. Hopefully we get Will and Kyle back Sunday and see what we are capable of.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Need to spread the minutes out so we can stay fresh all season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    Defense has got to be the mantra all season..

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Still can’t understand that he didn’t realize Wacie didn’t get on the floor the last 3 games .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rserina

rserina GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ringwood, NJ
    That's what you took from his comments? Wow.

6. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    He looked down the bench and didn't see the hair.

What is puzzling is that he didn't look like that from game 1. Guessing he was in his own head. Hope it wasn't from being intimidated by new coach and/or new players.

7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    What did you think about his 8min in the 3.5 games prior to FAMu?

8. rserina

rserina GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ringwood, NJ
    Sure has heck NOT that Golden somehow didn’t realize Reeves wasn’t on the floor. Kid sat for 60 minutes straight. That doesn’t just happen.

9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I agree that there's no way Golden didn't realize that Kowacie Reeves wasn't playing. Perhaps you took @wingtee's post literally. I took it as a matter of sarcasm with consideration to one of our more physical players being held off the court for unknown reasons. It's possible that CTG's benching tactic will pay dividends in the long term. In the short term, there are legit reasons to question that benching, which ultimately is what I believe our friend wing was expressing.

Do you think the benching was for good or for worse? I'm asking because I respect your opinion and appreciate the dialogue.

10. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    I just figured it was the friggin' analytics.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. rserina

rserina GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ringwood, NJ
    No clue. I just know it wasn’t an accident. Maybe disciplinary (not necessarily formal, more punitive), maybe because of performance. Sure didn’t hurt us much against FSU, Xavier, or Oregon State. Disappointing, though, because I firmly believe Reeves (and, to a lesser extent, Kugel) are the keys to this team’s ceiling. I just don’t see us consistently competing at a high level against good teams with an offense that revolves around CC and Bonham. Reeves and Kugel are the sorts of longer, athletic wings with scoring ability who can create shots for themselves that make the game easier offensively.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1