Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

"God's Army" descends on Texas to defend border ... instead gets sold Trump Merch

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Feb 5, 2024.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hilarious USA today article about the rubes that take Trump serious.

What they said would happen: A group that called itself God's Army, supposed to be 700,000 strong, descended on Texas as brave warriors to protect the boarder from the foreign invasion.

What really happened: A couple hundred pick-up truck drivers met a church in Texas, couldn't find the invasion, did nothing in particular, and were just mostly greeted with booths trying to sell Trump merch.

Goofy 'God's Army' convoy on Texas border shows Trump's MAGA movement is just one long con (msn.com)

The local residents thought this group of idiots were actually the "dangerous and violent" group...

It’s time for non-brainwashed Americans and the media at large to accept something: Former President Donald Trump’s “MAGA movement” is a tissue-paper tiger.

This was on vivid display in Texas over the weekend. A much-ballyhooed convoy of MAGA patriots descended on a town near the southern border, ostensibly ready to protect America from what right-wing politicians like Gov. Greg Abbott cynically, dangerously and falsely call “an invasion.”

The “God’s Army” convoy was supposed to be a mighty force of 700,000 or more people from every corner of America. It wound up being maybe a couple hundred vehicles parked at a rural ranch in Quemado, Texas – basically a Trump rally without a Trump, but with plenty of hucksters selling MAGA merch and grifting the easily grifted.

“We are constantly being told that we’re being invaded, and that never felt true until today, when the convoy came to town in anticipation of the governors’ event,” Jessie F. Fuentes told WOAI NBC News Channel 4. “This is political theater by outsiders. The reality is that it has brought dangerous, violent groups into our beautiful, peaceful city. Eagle Pass is safer than most cities in America if you look at crime statistics. This is just a fact. We don’t appreciate these staged events that dramatically misrepresent our reality on the border and that invite extremist groups that pose a real danger to people in our community.”

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hezbollah.jpg

Formed in 1982 in response to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, Hizballah (the “Party of God”), a Lebanon-based Shia terrorist group, advocates Shia empowerment globally.

National Counterterrorism Center | Groups.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Why am I not surprised? Grifters are going to grift and con men are going to con. Giving Trump credit where credit is due, the guy does have a real talent for exploiting gullible marks. It was almost certain that the merchants selling the MAGA items are associated with Trump in one way or another.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    I wonder what our beloved GC soldier of Gods Army bought?

Maybe some sweet fridge magnets

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  5. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I should get some hats and t shirts printed and set up shop.

I have a good acronym slogan... LGBT-DS

Let's Go Brandon, Trump - Derangement Syndrome

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    PT Barnum was correct

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We had a poster here on Too Hot go to that circus. Took a leave of absence from work as he was sick and tired of the Hispanics taking all the white women he was interested in. He was going to put an end to all this competition immigration.

Hope he had least got a T-shirt and maybe got to catch one of those "shows."

(@exiledgator I assume we are referring to the same distinguished poster.)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    True story...

I was at a gun show over the weekend (In Tallahassee, in my Gator shirt) and one of the tables was full of patches, stickers, and magnets. Standard pro-Trump and anti-Biden stuff. I was looking at the magnets and saw one that had Trump's mugshot and under it read "Never Surrender." I looked at my GF and said, loud enough for the people around me to hear, "That doesn't make sense.. that is a picture of him literally surrendering. But then again, logic is not these people's strong suit." Felt good, lol.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 7
  9. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    Makes one wonder exactly what they thought they were signing up for? A photo op? form a skirmish line and mow down some brown people trying to cross the border? Detain some brown people trying to cross the border? Their mere appearance was meant to somehow deter brown people from crossing the border?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    oops, I left one out: there were going to confront those evil feds and start a civil war ( wet dreams all around for meal team six)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    maybe he met a nice hispanic woman who cured him

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  12. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I didn’t realize God had such a firm opinion about borders

13. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    The bible is pretty adamant that immigrants should be treated with love and respect. But they don't like that part of the Bible, just the stuff about homos.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let's hope so. If he loses out to a donkey, no telling what could happen.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    charlie foxtrot....good times. Maybe they can take their frustrations out on a few cases of bud light.

17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You want to see sad/disgusting/pathetic? Every communist leader that ever lived would be envious of this crap here... dictator-in-thief Obama.

Gross... people forget... I don't.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  18. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So how many Trump plastic drinking straws did you end up buying at the Eagle Pass Overstock booth?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    You don't forget...you don't learn...you don't grow...you don't analyze...you don't critically think...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    In a free market society? As many as the people want to buy... quality marketing.