Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Goal Line tAm Fumble

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by finorman, Oct 11, 2020.

1. finorman

finorman All American

Jan 30, 2009
    Orlando
    I was just curious to know if anyone got a chance to see that fumble by tAm at the goal line on the replay.... they wouldn’t replay it from another angle During the game and McElroy is such a hand job that I couldnt decipher if he hates the Gators, or was the tAm back down.

2. GATORnGA

GATORnGA Senior

Dec 5, 2007
    Gray, GA
    The ground caused that fumble, if anything the ball should’ve been placed closer to the goal line. And actually it should’ve been reviewed to see if the ball actually touched the goal line because it may have been a touchdown.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. archigator_96

archigator_96 All American

Apr 8, 2020
    McElroy hates the gators to answer your question.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    I wanted to see the replay as well because there is a way that the ground can cause a fumble but it is rare..here is the circumstance from referee.com:

So how can the ground cause a fumble? While in a runner’s possession, the ball contacts the ground before any part of the runner’s body other than a hand or foot, and that contact causes the runner to lose control of the ball, then indeed the ground has “caused” a fumble. As you can imagine it would be a most unusual play. The runner would have to either stumble and try to use the ball to regain his balance, he could “lay out” or be flipped heels over head, so that the ball contacts the ground before the rest of the runner’s body, other than perhaps, the free hand.

I never saw a replay so it was hard to determine but it sure would be nice to see some reviews or replays.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    The ground caused the fumble.

• Like Like x 1
  6. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    the players forearms hit the ground as well

7. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Tenn arky 1998

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorbred

gatorbred Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    McElroy grew up an FSU fan attending their games with his parents, so he probably does hate the Gators, but he does a pretty good job of not showing it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    I had the same question. I have not gone back to watch it again but I did slow it down on DVR and watched it repeatedly during the game.
    It looked to me that the ball was coming out before he got to the goal line. However, I didn't go back to see if he was down before the ball started coming loose.
    So thanks for asking the question. IMO- the game should have stopped to check it again. Just to be sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. archigator_96

archigator_96 All American

Apr 8, 2020
    Wouldn't surprise me if he was holding on to some kind of hateful grudge on account of the 2008 SEC Championship.

11. gatorntuscaloosa

gatorntuscaloosa Premium Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Hmmm. Are we talking about the same McElroy that Bama signed as a QB out of Texas??? Had his family moved to Texas from Florida or did they commute? Just curious.

12. gators8

gators8 GC Legend

Oct 1, 2007
    He used to kinda like us when Mcnumbnuts was here, after said Mcnumbnuts was gone, he went into full turd mode.