Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Global cooling leads to Eagle flying off with family's pet dog

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Jan 4, 2018.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    I never remember seeing the ROK soldiers doing that when I was there but their military seemed to be more like ours was during the Vietnam era as you would see higher ups knocking the crap out of them right out in the open sometimes. They hated the Koreans assigned to the US units because they got that assignment by being connected usually. They would taunt them about it when we ran into them. They were friendly with the US soldiers however. You would eventually just go numb to the cold over there which was nice because you didn't feel it anymore but it is a point where frostbite could get you. We had a few in my unit get frostbite over there.

Speaking of Germany I can't believe the stuff they got in the field etc. compared to the US. They had it much better than our combat arms people as far as amenities in the field.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Seems you live in Florida and feeding raccoons is not legal here or advisable.
    http://myfwc.com/news/resources/fact-sheets/feeding-rules-and-penalties/

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You're thinking of vodka.

4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    You need to let your neighbor know they are most common couriers of rabies and that human food is terrible for their health.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. njgator81

njgator81 Sophomore

Jan 5, 2018
    It's disturbing because we think of our pets like they are other people. But nature is just brutal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-...wstorms-in-China-leave-10-dead/4261515172154/

Jan. 5 (UPI) -- Heavy snowstorms in eastern and central China have left 10 dead and countless others injured, following the collapse of more than 200 houses.

State-owned news agency Xinhua reported Friday Anhui, Hubei and Jiangsu provinces have been pounded with snow blizzards.

The heavy snow has led to the collapse of 200 residences in the region, and a total of 10 people have died across five provinces and 567,000 more have suffered damages.....

China shut down 45 train service lines, all departing from Beijing, as heavy snow conditions made travel dangerous across the country.

[​IMG]

7. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Why no posts on Australia’s weather right now?

8. ssplasma

ssplasma Premium Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Living in Phoenix on the edge of a preserve, two owls, both about three feet tall almost got my cat till I shooed them away. Months later I believed they finished the job. Stupid cat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    He should move to Australia - where it's 117°, but then we go through this every winter don't we. Republicans going, "Gee it's cold in the winter...global warming amirite? Har har." I guess one day you guys will figure out the difference between weather and climate.

As the eastern U.S. freezes, Sydney bakes at 117 degrees — the hottest in eight decades

In the northeastern United States, temperatures dipped far into the negatives this week.

The streets of Boston were flooded with icy waters that carried dumpsters away. Cars in nearby Revere, Mass., were nearly buried in frozen floodwaters. Wind chills in parts of New Hampshire could hit 100 degrees below zero (That’s not a typo, as the New York Times points out).

In Australia, however, it’s summer — and a remarkably hot one. So hot that part of a freeway in Victoria on Australia’s southeastern coast was “melting.” Several hundred miles northeast, in the greater Sydney area, Australians spent Sunday in the most sweltering heat in nearly 80 years.

Such is the extreme weather greeting 2018 from opposite ends of the globe. As winter in the United States brought a historic “bomb cyclone” that unleashed heavy snow and days of bone-chilling winds to the East Coast, summer in Australia, particularly in the south and southeastern parts of the country, is delivering a “catastrophic” heat wave, with record temperatures hovering in the triple digits (Fahrenheit) and fires scorching thousands of acres of dry lands.

10. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    He knows just doesn't give a crap.

11. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2017
    So global warming is real after all, then? Does that mean we can stop using the "climate change" catch-all and go back to being more specific about what the problem supposedly is?

12. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You need to keep your dog away from them for his own safety and to avoid an expensive vet bill.

I'd call the police too and see if they can do anything about this nut job.

13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    report his arse to fish and game. he is doing you, your neighbors, and the raccoons a great disservice. people should not be put at risk of getting bit and having to get rabies shots so that he can be entertained. Other option is to trap them. My neighbor and I trapped 12 in our little neighborhood and relocate them to some rural areas. The big one was the last one. She wasn't a happy camper but she calmed down when we covered the trap. She didn't look back when we opened the door either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    118 degrees in Sydney. that's crazy stuff. hottest since 1939

15. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I just moved into the neighborhood and want to tread lightly for now, but after speaking with a few other neighbors who are rather up in arms it wont be long....
    At any one time there are 20-30 of the little bandits partying it up...

16. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    It's the same thing. And the common usage of Climate Change was a Republican creation because they thought Global Warming sounded scary and wanted to change the tone of the discussion. Of course that too has been explained to you guys every year, and every year we go through the same thing again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2017
    Just because the first recorded instance you can find of someone advocating the term "climate change" is pollster Frank Luntz doesn't mean it wasn't liberals who really took that term and ran with it. With the obvious reason being that compared to "global warming," climate change is more of a catch-all upon which virtually any troublesome climate or weather condition can be blamed.

Oops, sorry, did I say liberals? I meant to say progressives. I forgot they changed their name. They do that with words and phrases from time to time when they get stale or unpopular or whatever.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Alligator Frozen in ice in NC

19. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    That's what I keep telling my wife, but she doesn't agree...:mad:

• Funny Funny x 2