Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Georgia Fail

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GaGator1, Jan 17, 2020.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Redundant thread title is redundant.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. wyldcrocodyl

wyldcrocodyl Recruit

Nov 29, 2014
    It is very difficult to improve on offense after losing a player like Fromm, so, whoever is running their offense will likely have a ceiling next year, but I think the outcome of that game is going to hinge on what we do in the off season (pass rush, runblocking, safety play) than how Ga. staffs their program.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sir percival harvin

sir percival harvin Freshman

Oct 14, 2017
    Is anyone else having their posts appear under a different name??

4. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I'm curious why they'd want to change the offense. I mean Fromm was a little off this year, largely due I think to the lack of experienced WRs, but UGA has been one of the most consistent and balanced offenses in the country over the last decade or so. They'd be the model most teams wish they could have.

Seems to me that maybe Smart is trying to find a scapegoat for what he's been unable to do as a head coach.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gator32405

gator32405 Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Moncken strikes no fear in the heart of any SEC DC. Our two hardest games are now the shell of this year’s national championship team and Georgia with a new O-line and QB that comes into the cocktail party with 2-3 losses. Anything less than a 12-0 regular season next year is a disappointment. Get your season tickets now!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. hockeygator

hockeygator Sophomore

Dec 29, 2016
    Italy ---> Durham NC
    yup he's trying to copy coach o did last year.

7. hockeygator

hockeygator Sophomore

Dec 29, 2016
    Italy ---> Durham NC
    bama was weak at linebacker due to injuries that had to have young guys fill in like freshmen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. proudgator1973

proudgator1973 Premium Member

So is Carson Beck a dual threat QB or was he more of a perfect fit for what Georgia has run in the past?

9. GaGator1

GaGator1 Sophomore

Dec 6, 2015
    I’m glad to see somebody has the same opinion of Kirby “kick em to the street” as I do. My opinion of him is that he is reactionary as opposed to being original. He reacts to what other teams are doing when he fails. “dawgnation” is a perfect example, you never heard that expression until Florida won the National Championship under Meyer and the Florida fans started Gator Nation. piss puppies feeling left out thought they were originals. No matter if it’s the coach the team or their fans they never have an original idea or thought. Sort of like that dumb ass mascot......it’s not even original or native to the state. They borrowed it as well. Pathetic team, coach and fans.

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    And we had some severe deficiencies at S and Star, so I can't really give Bama a pass as they were loaded all around the team and should have been able to mitigate their weakness to some degree like we did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. grouchygator

grouchygator Get Off My Lawn Premium Member

Jan 6, 2019
    I'm not so sure that fits the UGA model of big (dumb) O-Lines and NFL RB's.

12. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    It’s more of a philosophical shift IMO. Kirby is a defensive coach and by nature conservative. Use a power running game to control clock and use good defense to suffocate opponents. 10 years ago that was a good strategy and as the years have gone by since it’s gotten to the point where you need to damn near score 40 a game to be truly elite. Offenses are too good and the rules are so skewed in their favor that the old ways of winning just aren’t going to work. I feel like this is an acceptance of that on Kirby’s part.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They could always get a Donatela Versace face lift:)

14. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Just want to chime in and say we're lucky having @ugahairydawgs on the board. Informative, level-headed, and willing to take uncalled-for juvenile punches from some of our more testosterone-y posters.

• Agree x 19
    • Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  15. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Dude, GatorNation was a thing back in the 1990's. Where have you been, my dude?

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He’s a well behaved little leg humper :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  17. LLCoolJ94

While I think you are right that Kirby is changing his approach to the offensive philosophy, nevertheless, I think that is still a winning formula. For instance, I think you can still win using the team and philosophy Alabama put together in 2009. We may disagree on this, but that's ok.

18. LLCoolJ94

I've grown super tired of hearing and/or reading about how injuries affect Alabama. As though injuries to some position group is supposed to be some kind of excuse for them not being in the CFP. They have one of the top 2 recruiting classes year-in and year-out. If they cannot win with their talent, then nobody in CFB should be winning. Injuries are part of the game, and they happen to everybody. Alabama takes literally nothing other than bluechip players. And they max out each year. How do you not have enough good to excellent players?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bama probably would have been in the playoffs over Oklahoma if Tua had not gotten hurt. Hard to argue with their string of success.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. When I first saw the headline I was hoping Georgia had grabbed Army football coach Jeff Monken and was going to switch to the wishbone/ flexbone offense. That would have been interesting to see Georgia with a wishbone offense and Georgia Tech with spread/ spread-option offense.

Murph at Top Billin' thinks that Todd Monken is going to make the Georgia offense dangerous with the spread. I do not think the offense will be that scary with Newman at QB under Monken, but if Georgia plans on sticking with a true spread and can keep recruiting receivers then I would be worried about Georgia in a couple years.