Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Georgia Democratic Lawmaker Appears To Be Caught Lying About Alleged Racist Encounter

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jul 22, 2019.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Georgia Democratic Lawmaker Appears To Be Caught Lying About Alleged Racist Encounter

A Georgia state lawmaker appears to have been caught lying about her allegation that she was told to “go to back to where you came from” by a white customer in an Atlanta grocery store

“Today I was verbally assaulted in the grocery store by a white man who told me I was a lazy SOB and to go back to where I came from bc I had to many items in the express lane,” Thomas said in a Friday tweet. “My husband wasn’t there to defend me because he is on Active Duty serving the country I came from USA!”

On Sunday, Eric Sparkes stepped forwarded and claimed he was the man that Thomas was referring to in the grocery store. He denied ever making any racially charged insults towards Thomas and said he only called her a “lazy b*itch” because she had too many items in the express checkout lane

“This woman is playing the victim for political purposes because she is a state legislator,” Sparkes said in a video by CBS 46. “I’m a Democrat and will vote Democrat for the rest of my life, so to call me whatever she wants to believe. For her political purposes, make it black, white, brown, whatever. It is untrue.”

Sounds like both of them have issues

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It happens all the time with the Leftists these days...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    If she lied, she should be ashamed and criticized. Inexcusable. And we know how Republicans hate it when a politician lies.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Racism is so in this season. Like everybody's doing it.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Oh good. He only called her a lazy bitch.

She should be ashamed of herself for concocting the story. That’s exactly the kind of representation we need down here in the Peach State.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Legend

Aug 16, 2009
    Unlike racism itself. Glad we solved that problem.

Though, people who do lie about such things need to be held accountable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    He said she said wonder how that will play out? Black vs White. More to the point I wonder what her husband would say about all of this. Smollett anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Am I the only one wondering why this was an issue if all of the check out lanes at Publix were empty? I mean do you really care if some one is using the express lane at that point?

9. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    I think the trouble starts with running to Twitter or Facebook or the media every time you think (or claim) someone said something rude to you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    1. While racism does still exist and always will manufactured racism...and this isnt the first or the last...only makes it harder to stomp out real racism.
    2. If this is the level of government official that citizens are voting into office....we are doomed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you like your racism, you can keep your racism.
    - Barry

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    I personally find false claims of racism just as bad. She could have easily hurt this man's job, he reputation, his livelihood with her made up lies. All because he dared to call her out foe not getting in the right lane. Her actions are worse than random racism. Her actions where malicious with the intent to hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    If all the lanes were empty I agree with you. But in a crowded store, people who use the express lane with a full cart are monsters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I’m with you there but I think there weren’t any lines and the guy just decided he had to say something.

15. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I wonder how many of these false accusations are leading to distorted statistics of the famous "rising right wing violence attacks" reports from the leftist legal councils we see posted here once a week

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Ah. So he made a misogynistic slur, not a racist one. Got it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We should debate the "racists" words by the Right versus acts of violence from the Left, and how the Leftists are way ahead of the Right on the physical assaults in their racism.

18. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Legend

Aug 16, 2009
    Um, OK, give me some numbers. Don't use a slanted source unless you can counterweight it with an equally slanted source from the other side.

19. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually, this thread is about telling lies. So I guess we should count up which side has politicians that tell the most lies. Here, I'll start:

Lots o' lies