Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

George Floyd (Eric Garner 2.0)

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ValdostaGatorFan, May 26, 2020.

1. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    They might want to look into arresting the murderers soon to quell those rioters, or else things could get worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. scrappygator

scrappygator Moderator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Purported issues? What world do you live in? You cannot truly believe that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    Did I say it was protesting? I referenced protesting, which did take place. Looting is unlawful behavior. What’s your point? I didn’t endorse looting. I expressed a wish for peaceful protest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Yeah Poor kids are just as bright as white kids.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    You mean to tell me Kaepernick, who has millions of dollars can’t leave the country if he wanted to... because... borders?

Cool story bro...

6. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    An opportunity for Biden to make a strong statement condemning the looting and rioting behaviour?

7. scrappygator

scrappygator Moderator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    The difference between CK, and us is that even though he was raised in a privileged environment, it did not change his kinship with his black brothers. That is more admirable than someone who was raised in the ghetto. He had it all, yet he risked it for that kinship.

8. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Some people are just angry. They don't know what else to do. Except getting physical.

The fires of hatred are stoked by our politicians, social media, and the media. There's good moeny to made there - so can you blame them?

Who is really interested in fixing the problem though?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    He should definitely condemn the behavior, while reminding people why the looting and rioting is happening in the first. And then he should follow up with a stern warning to the powers that be that if the murderers are not brought to justice, the next wave of rioting will reach devastating levels.

10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Although the looters and rioters really don't care the looting and rioting in Minneapolis is probably the best thing to happen to Donald Trump's reelection campaign in the last several weeks. Not sure how many posters are old enough to remember, "white backlash" to the urban race riots of the Sixties was a major factor in Richard Nixon's 1968 presidential campaign.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Politicians, social media and the media told that officer choke that man to death and told his accomplices not to intervene?

12. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Strongly disagree with the bolded part of your comments.

Agree with the first part not bolded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    More than just that though--don't want to see the issue of police brutality against back ppl., become about a pampered silver spoon half white guy, who took is few millions, then let his public persona be used as a megaphone for his SJW wife, and making himself the face of the issue (though he's never bourne the brunt of any such, let alone shed a drop of blood, or endured the slightest physical challenge....) and steeling the limelight in the process.

In this thread, CK's long shadow has all but obscured the guy--GEORGE FLOYD--who actually lost his life to police brutality.

Floyd is apparently not important. Rich white SJW kid, Colin Kaepernick however, apparently is.

Silly me to think that making this about Kaepernick and patriotism, distracts from the issue he purports to champion.

Clumsy wording.

"Purported" was directed at the purported target of his protest, when it becomes about him--not the actual issue.

Fwiw.

14. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    Sure thing.

It’s an opportunity for any public official or candidate...

To make the case for how lawful protests are more effective than unlawful protests.

To make the case that harming local businesses hurts their neighborhood and doesn’t drive the change they want.

To talk about what changes in police training or selection might reduce the bad actions from a minority of our law enforcement officials.

There is an opportunity for Biden, and other politicians of any stripe, to communicate on a variety of relevant topics. Some will do this well. Some will do it poorly. Some won’t do it at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    No they didn't.

You missed the point, but that's OK.

It's important for you to vent here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    I mean, you can disagree all you want. I just know that if justice is not served, the riots going on now will be child's play compared to what will happen next.

17. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    100% spot on. Thank you....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Absolutely - so why are you saying Biden should use that as a threat?

That would be unproductive to the problem we are facing.

He should be thing what is productive for society.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Surprisingly, in this one case I probably sound more conservative than you. I think the rioters simply see it as an opportunity to get free stuff. I'm not even sure that you can blame social media or the media in general. As I noted in post #270, the rioting in Minneapolis is remarkably similar to the urban race riots of the '60s which predated social media by several decades.

20. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    It wouldn't be a threat as much as a warning. And I think it will ultimately be productive for society, because as long as justice is served then there will be no more looting/rioting. Bad guys are in jail, businesses aren't burned to the ground so they can continue operating, and life goes on. For everyone except Mr. Floyd, of course.

• Agree Agree x 1