Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

GC Members Pick the Greatest Gator Play

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by OklahomaGator, Apr 19, 2016.

1. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    I think "Green is behind the defense" may be the greatest announcing call, the Anthony play possibly as good a play call as I've seen, but the Cock Block is the greatest play.

The build up
    The opponent (SOS)
    The situation (staying alive for MNC)
    The crowd (maybe the sustained loudest play ever).
    And it was the game's last play-live or die. Would be an almost lost play if Succop missed wide left.....

2. gocartmozart

gocartmozart Recruit

Apr 10, 2016
    I appreciate seeing all these highlights again. Thanks for posting this. If you ever decide to survey on the greatest Gator performances then my vote will be for Wilbur Marshall in the 1982 USC Trogan game. The following video is basically just a Wilbur highlight film.

3. ExSS99

ExSS99 Freshman

Oct 21, 2015
    On a boat
    Tough choice I was a student for the 97 UF fsu game. Was watching the game at a friends house a mile or two from the stadium. I swear when that play happened we could hear and feel the noise and vibration from the stadium. One of our buddies girlfriend was a nole and her family parked at the house. They walked to the game and back needless to say we were waiting on the porch for them when they returned...they didn't have a lot to say to us LOL!!!! Great memories, i voted quez behind the defense.

• Like Like x 1