Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gay couple charged with molesting their sons and pimping them out to pedophile ring

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Jan 21, 2023.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Also notable is that the Atlanta Constitution did not expressly mention the sexual orientation of the alleged perpetrators although their sexual orientation could easily be inferred since they were described as a couple while the fact that they were gay was expressly and prominently mentioned in the NY Post article.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Wut?

Neo-progs: "whaaaaa....why didn't you scrub "gay" out of title? Whaaaa..."

= conservatives whining?

Lol!

Only n the snowglobe.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    A little off topic, but monk has one of the best avatars on gatorcountry. That monkey is adorable.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Please keep your disgusting fetishes to yourself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    LOL, just add MAGA and stir...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  6. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    And is prison actually a deterrant to gay men?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I doubt the NY Post would have described the couple as heterosexual if they had been. Seems click-baity to me at best.

8. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    With normal proviso that there very few facts here and that the term "sex trafficking" is massively massively overused, all caveats, this seems relevant

9. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I am not going to speculate or jump to conclusions, but there may be more to this story than meets the eye. Discovering the two pedophiles were arrested in July but other than the initial story published last summer by Townhall right after their arrest, no more information was released until the recently seen reports referenced on this thread. That fact, coupled with the horrifying information the boys were adopted through a Christian adoption agency made me curious. And when I'm curious I tend to fall into rabbit holes. Found a deep one this time and a recognizable name came to light.

The boys were adopted from a now closed Watkinsville, GA branch agency of All God's Children International, an adoption agency that places children with 'special needs.' It is headquartered in Washington state. AGCI has a 'Leadership Team' with information about the leaders on its website. One member of the ACGI team, Brian DeVos is also listed on his Linked-In page as Vice President of US Child Advocacy Center. I could find no web link to any agency specifically termed the US Child Advocacy Center when searching google. He is however, listed as a Team member for Families are Forever - Meet Our Team - Families Are Forever is an adoption agency headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, the same city All God's Children is located. FareF touts Trust Based Relational Intervention for traumatized children on for its website.

Until May of 2018 Brian DeVos - who is the cousin of Betsy DeVos's husband - was Sr Vice President of Bethany Christian Services located in Grand Rapids, MI. During the Trump administration Bethany took in immigrant children who were separated from their parents on the U.S. Mexico border. Bethany said they were paid $200 dollars a night per child to house the children or find foster homes. Some were never reunited with their parents.

DeVos-Linked Adoption Agency Exposed Highly Sensitive Children's Medical Data

"Bethany Christian Services left information about prospective adoptees' "intellectual development" as well as their medical histories and lab results online.

"The exposed data was stored on PDFs openly available on its website. Some PDFs were called "Children Medical Examination Records" that included the names, dates of birth, the hospital or orphanage they were based in, and extremely sensitive medical information.

"This includes a child's HIV status, number of teeth, lab test results, and whether the child has any physical deformities ("Spine: no deformity" "Liver: not palpable under the rib; "Anus: no abnormal findings" are examples of the data contained on the form). Other information exposed includes a "Growth Report" that explains the child's background and "motor skills and intellectual development." One notes that a child arrived "wearing yellow baby clothes and she was placed in a paper box" and that, between the age of 10 and 12 months, "she knows her name, can get biscuits, and feeds herself."

"The charity has multiple connections to the DeVos family: Brian DeVos, a cousin of Betsy DeVos' husband, was a senior vice president at the organization; Maria DeVos has served on Bethany's board; and the DeVos family foundations donated more than $6 million to the charity between 1998 and 2016, according to NPR."

https://www.wxyz.com/news/mi-agency...ation-crisis-has-ties-to-trump-administration

"According to an MLive news story last year, that facility was going through a three year expansion at a cost of $12.4 million. Half of that money was donated by David and Carol Van Andel Family Foundation and the Richard and Helen DeVos Foundation.

"The Michigan Immigrant Rights Center is monitoring what Bethany is doing and tells me a few of the kids have been reunited with their parents who were deported out of the U.S.

[Where are the ones who were not?]

"Bethany and the MIRC won’t say how much Bethany is being paid but the standard rate paid by the feds is about $600 per child per day.

"Bethany Christian Services would not answer specific questions but provided this FAQ sheet to 7 Action News."

Additional information culled for this post can be found through these links:
    Migrant Children Were Being Given To An Adoption Agency Linked To Betsy DeVos

http://www.caichildlaw.org/Misc/2017-cai-ar.pdf

• Informative Informative x 7
  10. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012

Good digging. Anything a DeVos is attached to you can bet smells to high heaven.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Hall of Fame

Apr 25, 2011
    It takes a lot of effort and brainwashing to overcome the fundamental truth of nature that heterosexuality is normal. When people hear the word “couple” the picture that pops into their mind is a heterosexual couple. And that is the way it should be. The adjective is only necessary to describe something that deviates from what we understand to be the normal or the natural way that human beings form couples.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    When I hear the word couple I think of beer. As in “I’ll have a couple of beers”. I use the word all the time and usually not in the context of paired couples of either sexual persuasion.

I bet bisexual couples give you fits….

• Like Like x 1
  13. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    MAGA cognitive dissonance...

"White couple charged with molesting their sons and pimping them out to pedophile ring"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Wouldn't that, of necessity, have to be a trio, or "menage a trois", in order to distinguish from homo/hetero?

:monkey:

15. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    People can go back and forth on this one but the dark and ghoulish nature of these crimes are horrific. When I read the published texts that one of the men said “ I’m going to (screw) my son tonight” Then how they planned on buying a condo on the gulf, Undoubtedly from the proceeds generated pimping out those 2 young boys. I had to stop reading. There are no words to describe

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Sure, heterosexuality is the statistical norm. I don't believe sexual orientation is a moral or ethical issue but know we differ about that. I've told people about having gone to my first lesbian wedding, for example; I'm not opposed to all descriptors. I do question why the author of the article felt that the sexual orientation of the couple was so important to this story as to put it in the headline. Perhaps it was just a general descriptor, but I'm skeptical.

17. gatorplank

gatorplank GC Hall of Fame

Apr 25, 2011
    If you are indignant about what happened to those children, then on some level you do think sexual orientation is an ethical issue.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Incorrect!

19. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Just like whenever straight people do sex crimes you start to question the ethics of heterosexuality, no doubt

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You're so right. He should at least say, "what do you think about this?" Or, debate. Or, "I feel empathy and sadness for this and all young victims of sex crimes."

• Agree Agree x 2