Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gators OL Fletcher Westphal wins prestigious award

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Gatorrick22, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Technically I could post this in Swamp Gas but since we haven't played a game in 2024 I'll just post this here. Skip the video and go straight to the story on Westphal. I think we got a winner here.

Fletcher Westphal
    , a freshman offensive tackle for the Florida Gators, enrolled in classes at the school in January but he’s still being honored for his high school play.

Westphal, a 4-star recruit from Leesburg (Va.) Tuscarora, has been named the Virginia High School Player of the Year by the DC Touchdown Club. He will be honored at the organization’s annual Awards Dinner on April 19 in Bethesda, Md.

Westphal helped lead his team to an undefeated regular season while playing on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

What the Gators are getting in the 4-star recruit
    Scouting report: The first thing that stands out is Fletcher Westphal’s prototypical size. This is a massive prospect in the trenches who has the makeup of a Power 5 starter at left or right tackle.

While Westphal does not possess a whole lot of bad weight, he does have to get stronger. Offensive linemen are rarely relied upon their freshman year, so Westphal has plenty of time to reshape his frame and get stronger up top.

Gators OL Fletcher Westphal wins prestigious award

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 12
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thanks Rick. That’s great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I post these just for people like you, my good Gator friend. :D;)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1