Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(WBK) Gators' Non-Conference Schedule Loaded with Challenges

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorjjh, Jun 7, 2018.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Gators' Non-Conference Schedule Loaded with Challenges
    Florida launches its second season under Coach Cameron Newbauer at home on November 6.
    Kathy Cafazzo UF

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Florida Coach Cameron Newbauer unveiled the Gators' 2018-19 non-conference schedule and seven of the 13 games are against teams that earned a postseason berth last year.

Florida opens its second season under Newbauer with a home game against Gardner Webb on Nov. 6, before playing at a pair of 2018 NCAA Tournament teams in Florida State (Nov. 11) and Mercer (Nov. 15).

Sandwiched between home games versus Northwestern (Nov. 18) and Northeastern (Nov. 28) is a road game at 2018 Postseason WNIT champion Indiana (Nov. 21).

read the rest at Women's Basketball - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 1
  2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Gator holiday tourney goes bye bye.

I would think that a Florida based tourney would be successful to bring down some northern schools?

Maybe they can bring it back when the gator program gets more popular ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    I wouldn't say loaded, but it's better than some of the schedules we've had in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    the attendance last year was embarrassing, you could hear echos in the ODome not surprised they would skip this year, hope to have a competitive season and bring back the holiday tournament

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Legend

Aug 30, 2007
    For better or worse. A second consecutive year of no postseason seems more likely than not with this schedule unless the team is much improved from last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    We were competitive in a lot of games last season for, typically, 3 out of 4 quarters. Typically had one bad quarter in each game down the stretch. But we’ll have a lot of new faces, new to the system. If Cam can get the newbies acclimated sooner, maybe the gators can surprise some other teams?

I get the impression, though, Cam is doing more than trying to win games, he is trying to re-construct the whole program. May take some time to get it going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    way too early to speculate on post season play, a lot depends on how fast the newcomers come along and how the team meshes, by the start of the second half of the season I think we will have a good idea if post season play is in the offing.

8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    I am actually a bit disappointed in the schedule. I am guessing they are hoping to pad some wins....may not be a bad idea. There are a lot of unknowns with so many new faces. I will feel much better if we could snag another post player somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1