Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gators land St. Bonaventure transfer PG Kyle Lofton

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by Courfeyrac, May 13, 2022.

1. bgator85

bgator85 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sarasota
    White didn't have 6 tournament appearances, even if you want to give him a Covid year. And while getting to the tournament is a nice accomplishment, in all but one year we were never a national contender. We should be able to get to second weekends with some consistency. Competing for and winning SEC championships is a completely different story, that should pretty much be every year. I am not sure why you are always looking to sell this program short, but we are one of the best SEC programs and our expectations should reflect that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. ooogabooga

ooogabooga Junior

May 10, 2019
    You mean like Kentucky has shown they are perennial power the last two years... Bounced 1st rnd and didn't even make the tourney the year before... and all with #1 recruiting classes. Delusional.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The Gators were way above average pedigree when White took over. Although White did his best to reduce the Gators’ pedigree, it’s still above average. As for the 5 NCAA tournament appearances, we had one run to the Elite Eight courtesy of sensational plays by Canyon Barry and Chris Chiozza. It still amazes me that White played these 2 guys 20 minutes per game each. What was he thinking?

• Like Like x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. rserina

rserina GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ringwood, NJ
    Overlooked post here. I think Golden is being very particular about that last post spot. With Castleton graduating and Jitoboh and Felder having injury concerns, I don’t know that he wants a one-year rental there. May prefer a guy who would who will be here for two years and who can play the four and the five, in tandem with CC or as his substitute. I am keeping my eyes on those two Washington State bigs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    We’re on the same page.

6. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    From The Athletic:

7. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I hope you like this segment of an article from The Athletic. Apparently a screen shot is too big to post here. I will see if there is another way to do it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I wish there was a “you are full of crap” emoji

• Like Like x 1
  9. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    We can’t beat Iowa St for a kid ? That’s all u need to know

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Osun reportedly committed to Iowa State

11. gatorblues

gatorblues Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Actually, there are a couple things I need to know.

1. Did he even have an offer? A few posts here on GC suggest he did not have one, at least not yet. If we were stringing him along to chase others, it’s understandable that he would choose the bird in the hand.

2. As I asked before, is he expected to start at ISU? I read that he’s a senior. Being a backup at UF (or anywhere else) isn’t as attractive as being a starter, especially given that he will graduate before he ever gets the chance to be a starter here.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

seems to be the story of Florida post BD!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

No one expected that from MW his first few years, but to not even challenge in seven years is inexcusable!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

As an addendum to your response, “we are what we are” now because of the last seven years of virtual obscurity!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. rserina

rserina GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ringwood, NJ
    Can never tell if you are drinking or not, but by all accounts we only brought him in because Lofton wanted to play with him. He was not a very good fit. Too slow footed and limited to play alongside Castleton.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    I see a lot of posts saying that this or that guy is or isn't a good fit for CTG's system. Serious question here, because I honestly don't know: what is the new system and what type of player fits it best? I know Todd is big on rebounding and defense. I believe we're moving away from dribble-drive (or dribble-dribble-dribble-throw-up-a-prayer, as we've favored in recent years). Are we going to motion offense? Princeton? Triangle? Some other?

18. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. melrosemafia

melrosemafia All American

Sep 1, 2021
    Melrose
    Dept chart looked better at Iowa St, why would he come here and be 4th big man at best.

20. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    He definitely isn't getting the honeymoon bounce from the players on the team. Maybe he came in too strong in his sell.

Until further notice, Mike is the basketball version of Mus-take. Coaching, not yakking.

• Like Like x 1