Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(W-TEN) Gators Grab No. 7 Seed in SEC Tournament (UF Recap)

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by gatorjjh, Apr 15, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Sunday, April 14, 2019
    Gators Grab No. 7 Seed in SEC Tournament
    Sam Stolte
    Women's tennis to take on No. 10 seed Ole Miss Thursday at 11 a.m. ET in College Station

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – The University of Florida women's tennis team has earned the No. 7 seed and will take on the No. 10-seeded Ole Miss Rebels in the upcoming Southeastern Conference Women's Tennis Tournament which kicks off Wednesday, April 17 at the Mitchell Tennis Center on the campus of Texas A&M.
    The Gators (11-10, 7-6) and Rebels (12-11, 5-8) both earned first round byes and will square off Thursday, April 18 at 11 a.m. ET in second round action.

UF enters the conference tournament with some momentum as it has won two of its last three contests including a pivotal 4-3 win over No. 14 Michigan this past Thursday.
    Gators Grab No. 7 Seed in SEC Tournament - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 1
  2. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    assuming they beat Ole Miss they get a rematch vs USC....wonder if a win in that match could get them close to that top 16 hosting position? I'm assuming right now they get sent to Tallahassee as a 2 seed, which probably isn't the worst thing in the world.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Might need 3 wins to get a hosting gig.

4. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    3 would mean 2 big wins on the resume and should get top 16 but I doubt we have firepower for that

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. crosscreekgator

crosscreekgator Freshman

Aug 3, 2018
    Ole Miss beat Texas A&M 4-2 on Sunday. The first match won't be an easy one.

6. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well given the play this season I take no match for granted.
    I saw that result, thought maybe TAMU was resting some people but it looks like they played the usual lineup, different 6 than they used vs UF. Surprising, but the UF vs Ole Miss match was closer than the final score indicated