Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gators gather sneaky-good incoming recruiting class (Alligator)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gatorjjh, Jan 8, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Gators gather sneaky-good incoming recruiting class
    By Mark Stine, Sports Writer Jan 7, 2019
    Coach Dan Mullen and the Florida Gators ended 2018 on a sweet note with a decisive victory over Michigan at the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl, but they welcomed 2019 with an equally chipper attitude toward their incoming recruiting class.

Foraging Fresh Commits
    The newest and highest-rated commit of UF’s newcomers is four-star cornerback Chris Steele. The Belleflower, California, native decommitted from Southern California on Oct. 18 and revealed his decision to join Florida during the third quarter of the Under Armour All-America Game.

Stealing OL from Miami
    The offensive line is easily Florida’s deepest unit among its incoming recruits. O-Line coach John Hevesy secured seven signatures on Early Signing Day, and two of them were December decommits from Miami.

Four-star tackle Michael Tarquin of Citra, Florida, and three-star guard Kingsley Eguakun both committed to the Hurricanes until early December, when they realigned their allegiances to the Gators. Maybe they had some foresight about Mark Richt’s retirement.

Gators gather sneaky-good incoming recruiting class

• Like Like x 2
  2. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't remember Mac getting Copeland to commit to us, but I could be wrong.

4. Docnoq

Docnoq Freshman

Oct 17, 2016
    Copeland's commitment video to us was made when Mac was still here, and then he decommitted shortly after Mac was fired. Mullen had to go out and reel him back in

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I do NOT think he would have signed with us if Mac has stayed. I know Bama would have loured him away from Mac.

• Agree Agree x 2