Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gators freshman Justin Watkins arrested

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, May 10, 2018.

1. gators83

gators83 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Indialantic, FL
    Have a feeling that this might become a pattern for him at UF. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Not that it was in any way her responsibility to do so but kudos to the young lady for walking away when he started kicking her car to deescalate the situation and thankfully he didn't continue to follow her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    If it does, he should be gone.

4. gulfgator

gulfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gulf of Mexico
    Sounds like "violent" trespassing, he's very lucky those are the only charges..for now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I can never fit it through the sinus cavity after I put it on though

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    Shouldn't be too tough for Mullen. He's well organized and likely has a protocol in place for such. If guilty of the charges, Watkins should be (imo) suspended for the year. Talent should never be a consideration when it comes to discipline. Have a protocol and stick with it. In the year of suspension he gets a chance to earn his way back on a very short leash. Young people need second chances, but they must be made to prove themselves worthy of wearing the uniform of the University of Florida. Falling short of that, say 'good-bye and good luck'.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. unclerob

unclerob Sophomore

Aug 14, 2015
    No “could be” about it. IS! No excuse for vandalizing

8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

snort condoms?

9. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    It's his first offense since he's officially become a Gator. It's troubling but better to intervene with a heavy hand and keep him in the fold. His life would almost certainly go off the rails if he is kicked off the team now. This is a chance for the coaches to make a big difference in Justin's life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. unclerob

unclerob Sophomore

Aug 14, 2015
    Watkins might be salvageable, might not be. Mullens should make the attempt and see if the kid can grow up. He needs to learn that it is not ok to take other's things, it is definitely not ok to break their things, and following someone around after they leave an argument is STALKING. That should put you in jail, if repeated.

Three different High Schools (why wasn't he at his current one) and now this point to a very bleak future if he doesn't change his ways. Probably a serious case of High School football entitlement. Put him on a short leash and see if he can be trained to be an adult instead of an over grown child. Cut him loose if he won't.

12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

At least he didn’t hit her

And we don’t know what she did to him, possibly with that phone

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Senior

Aug 30, 2017
    Smashing a phone, kicking another person's car, and doing so while reportedly on school property (especially a school you do not attend) is not about race, it's about illegal acts on the part of the person who committed the misconduct in the first place. There are of course, many racists in our society - of every conceivable variety, white, black, and everything in between. But couching everything in terms of race is total BS. Dr. King said that a person should be judged by the content of his or her character, which can only be justly determined by the nature of their conduct. Lastly, the only racial screed I've seen in this thread is yours. If you hate America so much, perhaps you might want to take a look at what's going on with the man in the mirror. Or perhaps, Canada might be more to your liking - just saying.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  14. The_Graygator

Apr 11, 2007
    Totally agree, but dont give him "easy street" punishment either, make him firmly accountable for his actions imo.

15. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Sorry- I meant it "could be" ONLY immature behavior. In other words, at the minimum it's immature, but it could be a symptom of something far far worse.

I didn't know he had been to so many high schools. That's another red flag.

I agree this is not enough to revoke his scholarship, but I hope DM has some serious consequences for this.
    We don't need more undisciplined out of control players on this team.
    Last year having all that led us to 4-7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I dunno man, fall has sucked really bad too

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. The_Graygator

Apr 11, 2007
    I have a feeling Mullen wont put up with this stuff much.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    What gives you that feeling? He let a kid play at MSU that beat the hell out of a chick on camera. IIRC, the kid didn’t even sit out a game.

*correction, he was suspended for one game*

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  19. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Senior

Aug 30, 2017
    I certainly hope not. After last year's fiasco, we don't need any more "serial offenders." Anything having to do with even "mild" violence, theft or just old fashioned, stupid recklessness should be a two strikes and you're out proposition.

20. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Senior

Aug 30, 2017
    I presume you gave it the old college try?

• Funny Funny x 2