Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gators expected to host coveted transfer WR Elijhah Badger- GATOR!

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Gatorrick22, May 6, 2024.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

My post you quoted is all screwed up - I might have been drinking. I just deleted it

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Would be great news!

3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Quick! Tell @lagorcegator so he can attach it to his empty commit thread!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Announcing his commitment two days after the UF visit feels like a good sign, but I’ve been very wrong on these things before.

• Like Like x 3
  6. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Are his initials HS?

7. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I guess you're thinking of a common connection with Mertz's former school (like Chimere Dike), as opposed to Pearsall's former school.

8. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I feel like you are just badgering us?

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Interesting, because on 24/7 their Arizona mod is very unhappy with Napier for some reason... I wonder why? Lol.

This Zona Zealots site is trying to throw shade on Napier too with these remarks about he being on a hot seat. Yeah, his seat is so hot that SS and company gave him more money for assistant coaches... and much more money for recruiting this off season. That sure sounds like a lack of confidence to me... NOT.

From the link... Why would any of this even this matter to a one-and-done player like Badger?

Napier's seat is getting hotter by the day, and landing Badger would be a splash play that helps to ease tensions for the time being. It wouldn't be the first time he'd dipped into the bag of talent leaving Tempe: Pearsall spent three seasons at ASU before leaving for Florida ahead of the 2022 season. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 16, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Badger, Dike and Wilson would be a great trio. Just need the line to be stout.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I never had an opinion of Arizona U. Now I do, and it’s not good. Trashy move by their program to attack Napier and make false accusations. Now I hope every program in that shitty conference kicks their ass

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    His position coach is tied to that university, so it's worse than we thought.

This is reason for concern to me. From the article. This is very bad news for the Gators...

One thing I don't understand is, if Badger was running away from his past school and coaches (via portal transfer) then why would he follow his position coach (that he's supposedly leaving) to his next school in Arizona? That makes no sense to me.

______

Bobby Wade
    — Badger's positional coach at ASU for the last two seasons — is an all-time great Arizona wide receiver and has taken up the mantle as the Wildcats' wide receivers coach under Brent Brennan

Last edited: May 16, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Well if he convinces Badger to stay in state then it’s simply a portal WR we don’t get, and we move on. Not a huge deal. My biggest concern with McClain was another SEC or in-state school making us damn sorry we passed on him. Fortunately that is no longer a concern.
    Go Gators

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    It a bigger "deal" than you think it is here since this thread is about Badger and NOT Cormani... :eek:;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    No insider heat but i think we’ll get him and if so, i’m super satisfied

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. foot

foot Junior

Mar 24, 2008
    Gonzales is a much better coach and Florida will give him much more exposer. I hope he makes the right choice.

• Like Like x 1
  18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Tomorrow. Hopefully our work with his former teammate to become a first round draft choice helps. Billy G and also Napier as WR coach at Clemson and Bama put some kids in NFL.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Hope his back is ok

• Agree Agree x 1