Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(WBK) Gators at Vandy: Thurs 6:30 EST

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by EastTNG8TR, Feb 23, 2022.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2011
    That is always the case, but getting a pathway to win a few and make the SEC Championship is the best way to get a higher seed. SEC is more realistic than NCAA regardless. We just need to right some things and get back on track against Mizzou. All we can really do at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    second game in a row that could have been won, tonight it appeared to me that the Vandy zone D was something the kids hadn't seen or praacticed for, no answer for the stockier Vandy posts foks Jordan was a liability, not that everyone else was playing well
    We will be in our seats Sunday vs Mizzou

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Yeah, I've felt all season that Jordan is our 3rd or 4th best player, but she was abysmal last night. Hope she can shake it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Legend

Aug 30, 2007
    Not shocked it happened at some point. I do agree we were woefully unprepared to face a zone and it didn't help our only pure shooter was ice cold. But just a very lethargic effort overall. Our 4s who have been outstanding as a group in SEC play were all really struggling. Hopefully they can shake that off and play with a little more focus and intensity on senior day.

I expect we'll see a lot of zone from Missouri Sunday as well. They seem to be slumping a bit having lost 5 of 6 and had 4 players including their leading scorer suspended for the last game. That said, they can shoot lights out from 3 on any given night and they're on the NCAA bubble really needing a win, so I expect a very tough game.

Our scenarios for SECT seeding going into Sunday:

#3 if Florida def. Missouri AND South Carolina def. Ole Miss AND LSU def. Tennessee;
    #4 if Florida def. Missouri AND South Carolina def. Ole Miss AND Tennessee def. LSU;
    #4 if Florida def. Missouri AND Ole Miss def. South Carolina AND LSU def. Tennessee;
    #5 if Florida def. Missouri AND Ole Miss def. South Carolina AND Tennessee def. LSU;
    #5 if Missouri def. Florida

We need help just to reach top 4 but of course SC is a monumental favorite against OM. Need all the results to go our way now for a shot at #3.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. bigsky rooter

bigsky rooter Freshman

Aug 3, 2017
    Thanks for the info; however, the difference between 4 and 5 don't really matter. We would be basically playing the same level of teams; however, the 3 seed difference is large (no SC until the final)

6. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Legend

Aug 30, 2007
    Disagree. We just lost to one of the teams we'd potentially play in the 5-12/13 matchup. We beat the other one in 2OT. It would be a tough game for us with a decent chance of another bad loss.

There is much less downside as a top 4 seed with a double bye. Not really sure I see much upside for us at the SECT unless we beat SC, which is what I think it would take to get a top 16 NCAA seed now. So when we would play them doesn't matter much to me. We haven't even reached the SECT SF in nearly 25 years IIRC, so I'd be happy enough with that.

7. all_gatorsports

all_gatorsports Sophomore

Mar 19, 2016
    Another game I didn't see in it's entirety but no way we should've of lost this game, what would you say has been an constant issue ? Or is there all been different issues the past three games ?