Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gator women vs Mizzu

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by BigIgator25, Feb 27, 2022.

1. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    playing down to the opponents level so far today without their top player available. Down 1 almost at halftime. We are turning the ball over and over. Driving when no lanes are open. Taking bad shots, not making easy shots. Last 1 1/2 games we have really taken a step back. We have a chance to finish top 3 in league in we win today. Otherwise we go in on a bad streak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    they are putting a whipping on us right now..19-2 run by them after we went up by 10

3. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    That was a very embarrassing end to the half, that was like the first quarter at Vandy the other night. Kelly Rae needs to figure this out quick as far as what she wants from this offense. On defense we let too many drives to the basket also. This is not helping with her resume on keeping the job if we lose to Mizzu today.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Always felt UF should let the season play out and not make a hiring decision based on emotion....good or bad. She's done a ton of good, and now we are seeing some chinks. Important to have as much info as possible

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    a real lack of effort today, they are just killing us on the boards. We dont even act like we want to be out there right now. Kiki looks done, she cant get a call driving to the hoop and it has effected her. Just getting smashed and it is not pretty

6. BigIgator25

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    we have literally let one women dominate us on offense, no adjustments made. Again very little effort to me, this is far worse then the Vandy game.

7. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Legend

Aug 30, 2007
    Kiki is clearly just not 100% IMO. Like with Lav earlier in the year, feels like it cascades down to the entire team. You expect your star to do certain things and when they don't, the others don't know how to adjust.

That said, no excuse the low energy and terrible rebounding effort, until what the last 3 minutes? Also thought the lineups KRF used all game were pretty strange, partly due to senior day, fouls, but still not really sure what she was going for. Team just looked mostly out of sync again and at least with Vandy you could give their defense some credit whereas Missouri's is just meh.

Not a great draw at all at the SECT now with a #5 seed. Not expecting much there; hope we can regroup, get healthy and back in form in the break before NCAAs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It sucks to lose 3 in a row to end the season, but I still think it was a really good season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Singaporegator

Singaporegator GC Hall of Fame

It has been a far better season than we expected or had any reason to expect. Let’s not lose sight of that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    Sounds like the success got to them..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2011
    Didn't get to watch, but I know we looked bad against Vandy. Still. Kelly has done pretty solid job for the season overall. Going to be curious how Scott handles this. Part of me hates to see the continuity disrupted after we have finally reached a better talent level, but if I had to pick I'd still love to see Delisha as HC next season. It is also noteworthy that several schools have been announcing who was using an extra year of eligibility. Have not seen anything about ZIppy, Kristina, or Manu coming back again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. G2MGA

G2MGA GC Legend

Aug 30, 2007
    I would be surprised if we did. How could any of them commit to that with no announcement on who the coach will be next season?

I do think it's critical to retain Zippy and ideally at least one of Manu/Kristina if we hope to not take a major step back next year but I imagine we'll just have to wait and see how things shake out after the season.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Let's win a couple in the SEC tournament, then go on a run in the NCAAT first.
    We should have a pretty good group of returners next season. I also think Jeriah Warren will have a breakout year; she has the makings of a star.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hoosiergatorette

hoosiergatorette Freshman

Mar 17, 2020
    I would love to keep all three but I really think zippy and manu would be clutch if they came back

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2011
    We definitely need Zippy or we really don't have a PG ready to go next season.

16. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Unfortunate end to the season. But at least some success and hope for the future.

17. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They played on such an emotional high for a month or more, they are just out of gas mentally.
    Hopefully they can get it back for NCAAs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Don't expect Kristna to be at UF

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I agree they are mentally and physicaly drained the depth on the team and lack of a reliaby solid post play especialy with Faith playing hurt most of the last 3 weeks. The twons are still behind in skill develoment sufficiant to batle with SEC calibre player hurt more than might be apparent

Kiki is still playing with a back injury that has not had the opportunity to heal comletely, it makes her tire more quickly and that impacts her shots, she was spent mid way into the 3rd qtr she gives all she can every second on the court

• Like Like x 2
  20. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    If the twins can improve their pay to the pint they can battle head to head with SEC Bigs next year's team could be better than this year, Faith has imroved tremendously over last season but her lingering shoulder injury keeps her out of practice and she needs that board to work to get better

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022