Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gator Tickets

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by rebelgator, Sep 22, 2020.

1. rebelgator

rebelgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I just got the following email from my account rep. that tickets are available to be ordered, I'm the lowest club level now but have had my tickets long enough that I'm in the to 20-30% based on points.

I hope you're doing well! As you can imagine, we've been busy here at the UAA getting ready for our first home game on October 3. With that, I wanted to share that we have a limited quantity of single-game tickets available. And while you opted out of tickets for the 2020 Gators Football season, if you are now interested in attending any number of games this season, I'm happy to help make that happen.

Want to learn more, view available seats or see pricing per game? Feel free to directly reply to this email or give me a call at the phone number below. You can also view the information Football Single Game Tickets

For those interested in buying single-game tickets, please note that tickets will need to be paid for at time of selection. We will not be able to move any money around that you have already designated for us to use in another manner.

No matter how you cheer on the Orange and Blue this fall, know that we are thankful for your support and are here anytime you need us! Thanks, stay safe, and Go Gators!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MCB51

MCB51 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Yeap..got that one too..

3. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    We received the same message. I guess that means more than 80 percent opted out in some form? I'm kind of surprised at that. Also, how would they know which games they have a limited quantity of tickets available for, since I thought purchases from those opting in were to be exercised for each individual game?

4. urbangirl

urbangirl VIP Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Purchase all at once. My day was last Tuesday (9/15). I could have until 9/25, but I was afraid I couldn’t get what I needed if I waited. I have 4 tix (2 in TDT).

• Like Like x 1
  5. GolphinGator

GolphinGator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    I was surprised to get that same letter.

6. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    We did purchase a pair of single game tix for the LSU game via our ticket office rep. They were about twice the normal price. The rep confirmed that they were transferrable and saleable through normal channels such as Ticket Exchange. Seating will be in even rows with photo cutouts supposedly being placed in the East stands in camera view in locations that won't obscure live attendees' view.

7. flgator79

flgator79 Premium Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Prices are insane

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Not a STH and I've gotten 2 emails about single game tickets. They are struggling to sell 17k and I'm guessing it's because they are trying to get back some of the lost revenue.

Not a great look in my opinion, but I don't make the decisions.

9. flgator79

flgator79 Premium Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Prices are ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I guessed when this was all announced they would jack up the prices to try and match the "new" demand (with the artificially lowered capacity). It's econ 101 that if you have constrained supply, prices go up.

If they come way short of the 17k tickets, then obviously they overestimate their pricing power vs. the 17k capacity. I don't think it's a bad look, it's just a guessing game and they are obviously trying to squeeze as much as possible out of a bad situation. Wonder what happens, it's not like people will be able to scalp them at the game. Maybe they are just accepting some empty seats. Probably not the worst thing in the world since the stadiums will already feel sort of empty and weird anyway. Is 15,000k vs. 17,000k going to make a difference? Probably not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    It's a bad look from a fans point of view. Also, how many times do we make fun of Miami for having an empty stadium?

The UAA will be just fine. They are going to get a ton of TV and SEC money.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. crescent_beach

crescent_beach All American

Sep 25, 2016
    So... you’d agree that it’s a “bad look” for every single program in the entire country, then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. partdopy

partdopy All American

Feb 1, 2012
    Same. Makes sense, who wants to pay extra to sit in the hot sun with a mask on and nobody there? Sounds awful. I might consider going if they pay me, but I'm definitely not going to pay for that.

But then again I haven't worn a mask yet and have continued my life as normal, including having people over, hiking/biking and having parties. It's super dangerous according to the news so I'm likely already dead and just don't know it, so, posting from beyond the grave.

14. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Yes.

15. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    They are requesting people to buy tickets to the upcoming games while turning way students that wanted to attend. They would rather the seats go empty than let students attend at lower ticket prices. Sad. Just checked hotel prices. The hotels still gouging people on football weekends. Not worth traveling for a Covid weekend that costs me $1,000. Will watch at home.

16. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    How much are they asking ?

17. OrmondGator

OrmondGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    follow the link in the OP