Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gator Dance Party?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by njgator, Nov 14, 2021.

1. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    This^

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    players needed the practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. iam4uf

iam4uf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Gainesville
    Out of any bad things that a person could conjure up regarding this game, takes like this are about the most egregiously gross thing that I've seen.

What is wrong with you that you would condemn joy? These are kids, they deserve to celebrate and have fun. No one should EVER question this, yet here you are.

After a tough stretch, these kids needed to be reminded that they are talented, that they are skilled, and that they have a future to build on. Their well-being is more important than your selfish feelings.

"Oh, but Mullen shouldn't be with them" is a lame excuse to use your dislike of Mullen to justify your position. The kids in the video obviously wanted to celebrate with Mullen, otherwise they wouldn't have done so. He is their head coach, the one who recruited them, their leader - whether YOU like him or not that is how they view him. It is entirely appropriate, and perhaps necessary, for their leader to help them celebrate.

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The only thing I could gripe about is this looking like another part of DM’s denial. As for the players, I’m not bothered. They have taken a beating (many kinds) for weeks. I imagine it was legit fun for the offense, up and down the field at will, 10 TD’s to spread around, EJ having a historic day, etc.

If it results in guys buying into putting up 70 to get to the next dance party, I’m all for it.

I’d prefer that DM was in the office next door looking surly and berating the D and ST coaches while the players whooped it up. But in and of itself, I can’t get fired up about this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. traubgator

traubgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Honestly - win or lose yesterday after the first half the story was told - we have sunk to the equivalent of Samford.

How do you play Samford and have 0 punt returns. That stat alone tells you everything you need to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Players are young men and want to celebrate. I prefer they didn’t until they really win big. but that’s old school and I get it. But head coach is a different issue. He knows (or should) this wasn’t a win to go bonkers over, dancing like a jester in the locker room. Is his philosophy working? They are 2-4 last 6 games.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. fda92045

fda92045 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2012
    We have a very toxic fanbase. At least the loudest portion of it is.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  8. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    Spurrier isn’t our coach anymore.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  9. RipCurl

RipCurl All American

Apr 7, 2010
    I’m one of the biggest Mullen bashers on this board, he should’ve never been hired here. With that said, he’s still human. If he wants to dance with his team after a victory, that’s great. I’m not going to bash positivity, it’s just a game after all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. phideltgator

phideltgator All American

Oct 10, 2013
    miami
    help me Mullen, help help me Mullen, help me Mullen yea, get another win.....

11. Agator88

Agator88 GC Legend

Oct 7, 2014
    That's a ton of scenarios to breakdown, but I will try my best. Sooner you and everyone else in college football realize that Saban is a one of one the more you will enjoy watching college football. I believe it was 2011 Bama almost lost to GSU at home, future national champion won by 7 or 10 and the difference was a blocked FG if I recall. So taking team lightly or not being focused to play sub par teams isn't something unique to UF.

I am with everyone that believes Mullen should have fired Grantham last year. He didn't, so here we are, and he's paying for it dearly. I'm still ok with giving him another change to right that wrong, depending on how the rest of the year plays out.

Don't fool yourself, Mullen will get another gig at a Power 5 school when/if he leaves UF. He's more qualified than HC at an FCS school. I would say more than half teams in the SEC would be happy to have him and probably 11 ACC schools.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Yep. Always has. It drives UF Head coaches to becoming a bit unhinged.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  13. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    For players, absolutely. And they are still amateur (mostly). For HC it’s his job to win. and one DM gets paid $7.5. a year.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    And yet you are...they were celebrating a win ANY win this season is a cause for joy! We shouldnt even be privy to whats happening in the locker room. Its a non-issue!

• Like Like x 1
  15. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    celebrating ANY win is interesting though. It kinda speaks to where we are as a program. The kids should have fun...but at the same time it's difficult to believe they will ever have the mental toughness to be consistently elite imo.

And we are only privy because someone wanted us to be privy.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  16. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Hall of Fame

Jul 24, 2010
    Yada yada..we ALL know what kind of season we are having..let them have their joy..goodness!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    I don’t remember the exact quote but saw Kirby saying something about the team leaders not being happy about one of their victories and demanding the other players show up and lift.

That’s the difference between a winning program and a losing program. You can enjoy a bad victory, or you can go improve. This is a reflection of leadership, aka the coaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. FusionGator

FusionGator All American

Nov 15, 2015
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a moment. So that means the attacks are probably forthcoming.

Are they "kids" or are they practically paid professionals?

Do we support our team with nothing but roses and puppy dogs or are we allowed to voice our displeasure when it's there?

Do we come to a place like this to vent, console, commiserate, etc. With family when we don't like what is going on or are we only allowed to discuss the good stuff.

Are we allowed to expect more from our CEO, and even criticize him, when he's making over $7 million per year or are we supposed to develop lock jaw and just faithfully keep purchasing ever increasing cost of game tickets, regardless of the product quality?

Although as fans we don't play the game, do we not have a vested interest (money and time) in "our" teams?

Am I an Old School Fan or a New School Fan?

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Shluld not be a referendum thread. It started off of asking about kids dancing after the game.

they were happy. Why begrudge them that.

because I promise you all across town they were a lot of celebrations like that with teammates without it showing up on Twitter. Guaranteed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. sqgator

sqgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    They are kids, they deserve to have some fun, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

• Agree Agree x 2