Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Gator club in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by GatorLurker, Dec 11, 2019.

1. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    My wife and I are planning to go to Nashville to see the Gators play the Dores. Anybody have a Nashville contact for tickets with other Gators and pregame fun?

• Like Like x 2
  2. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Last year there were only 1500 fans in their stadium. 40% were gator fans. Very old quirky gym. I bought tickets at the venue no problem.

3. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Lurker -

Hit the "Parthenon" at night downtown. A replica of the real one, awesome museum and tons of places to go all around it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Double dog’s sports bar, a couple of blocks away from Vanderbilt, 1/2 to 3/4 miles to Memorial Gym. full bar, lots of different beers, good food, always a good crowd. good to go before or after the game. Televisions at every angle throughout the restaurant bar, fireplace on small patio out front.
    Vanderbilt is in midtown, 3 to four miles to downtown broadway, Ole Red bar/venue for live music, many other honky tonks and even the legendary Ryman Auditorium, no one is playing the nights you will be there, but they have a great tour during the daytime. all the honky tonks have live music and libations.
    many restaurants, museums and the grand ole o pry everyone should find a band or artist they like that is playing there. Multiple acts any given night. the Eagles had an invite only show there last year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Do you live in/near Nashville? What a great town. Ever been to the Bluebird?

6. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Yes, the bluebird is near the green hills mall. Only holds about 100 people, but if you call ahead for tickets,wait in line, it is usually a great time with the songwriters, performers. There are so many venues that have live music, you have to stay abreast of who is up and coming. More events than anybody can go to, I love live music and have lived in Memphis Tennessee in the late seventies, completely the bomb. Nashville has surpassed Memphis now and is growing with momentum. The NFL draft having been held there this year, they said it was the best draft ever. They were amazed that there was so much going on, you have to live there to be in sync with all the entertainment. I am still learning about great things to do in Nashville. I live NE of Nashville in a suburb of Hendersonville/gallatin, TN. Hendersonville home of Johnie Cash and Marty Stuart. Kellie Clarkson has lived in Gallatin in a couple of areas. Growing area around Lake Hickory. Lot of SEC fans Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, so I go to the SEC basketball Tournament, Vandy/Florida football, basketball, baseball games when I have time. but the town loves sports, now bidding on a MLB team. If we get it, hockey, football, baseball, soccer sport francises. what’s not to like? Hard not being close to Gainesville, where I cut my teeth on SEC football, think the Bear, basketball, think Pistol Pete and Florida baseball and track. I feel the miles traveled now, so I pick with ease now on great sports or entertainment.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Love the Nashville Hot!

The 5 best hot chicken places in Nashville

We couldn't get into Hattie B's so we did Prince's, and we were not disappointed. Can't beat the original atmosphere while waiting for your hot chicken. I'd love to try them all when/if I get another chance.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

8. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    There are two Hattie B’s, one in midtown near Vanderbilt, and one on SW 8th where I have a condo. I sneak in there around the lunch/dinner rushes. Good southern cooking.
    Another restaurant near Broadway is the Great Southern seafood and steak, pricey but I feel one of the better restaurants in downtown. Also Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse is an institution, if you like good steak. I can’t keep up with all the new restaurants in town, but just ask the locals.