Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Game Thread Mar 7 (Sat) 6 PM Auburn KSP

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by GatorGrowl, Mar 7, 2020.

1. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    She threw strikes today.....faced 6 batters, 5 hits and a walk. Ouch

2. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    yup that's the other option, take speed off & down the middle..lol

The replacement Swindle, was USA Today Nat POY. CAnt fault recruiting her obviously(maybe Meyer recruit also actually) but she played HS in southeast, so almost a meaningless award.lol. Ill take all San Diego area 4th team like Kayla Martin was,,, night & day difference.

3. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    I will enjoy every beating Dean takes .

4. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He's taking something severe in 1st inning today

5. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Oh that's nothing should of seen ASU UCLA,, couple other so far

Hell Binghamton & Unnc something or other(not heels) had huge 1st inning leads. came back on the mid major pitching though.

I don't think anyone in sec that great this year,,bama w/ Fouts maybe, but I was shocked at the first 2 games of this series going more than 5.

6. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    The Aubs had their glory days with the Arizona mafia-Dean is out of his league in the SEC.

7. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Hey, what's with the end of each game in the series -- the teams lined up on the first base line and the third base and then waived to each other for half a second before leaving the field.

Either this is a reaction to the Coronavirus or Auburn is afraid CTW is going to deck another of their players in the handshake line!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Both certainly valid reasonings..;)

9. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Rivera is an excellent player that could start for any SEC team. The two transfers from Texas A&M are also good players. Yarborough, transfer pitcher from South Alabama is terrific. Wish we had her.

10. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    What is your problem with Dean?

11. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    See results since arrived , compared to previous coach. He was brought in to "be nice" to players, not to win.. Petty obvious. They will be first SEC team in 3 years to not make post season this year. lol

On Rivera,, I would post her career #s in SEC/top 25 games, but Ill let you look for yourself if you really care. as I said one of the 2 players that could make a legit roster . Zero issues w/ her otherwise,, feast on mid major pitching usually.

Maybe I was spoiled by Meyer?? Went from arguably best SEC position player ever(K Cooper,, look up the stats) to players that cant catch routine pop ups. I believe 3 of those drops in one game vs UF. 3 balls your average 4th grade girl would catch.

Yarbrough...TBD,, Has been ok/good since finally being given a chance(more Dean for ya) but was rocked vs IMO only decent offense shes faced in Arz St.

Back to Dean ,, Baffling in extra innings w/ a "ranked' opponent, but he gos to Dismukes in 11th, whos only previous outing in career was last weekend vs Binghamton. Didn't get out of the first inning vs that powerhouse. He gives at least 2-3 reasons of total incompetence each game, just have to watch..lol. Which Ill continue to do even going 0-24 in SEC.

AU is no different to me than any other team,, I just call it as I see it. I just watch AU more than others.

Not one player Dean has recruited yet that gives any hope for future, not 1. Will be no Meyer players next year(Rivera, Snow, Swindel) results will be worse than even this year guaranteed. He thinks can build contender recruiting southeast only,, that's how dumb he is.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    I may be over exaggerating on him a bit,,lol but you struck a nerve w/ softball program. Probably 2nd favorite sport on campus behind baseball. And I saw an awful baseball coach hired in Tom Slater destroy that program(along w/ 11.7 limit) that it took 15 years to recover from. This Dean hire is eerily similar so far. He was left some talent so was ok first couple years, now youre seeing what he really is.

I was skeptical of the hire to start with unless bringing Meaghan Good with him.. He dominated at JMU w/ a elite pitcher vs mid major conference. I wasn't sold on that formula.

Currently in SEC BA- 12th, ERA - 11th, F%- 11th

Not sure who else I should be blaming after 3 years, but Ill take suggestions.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1