Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) GAINESVILLE Regional

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by WESGATORS, May 12, 2019.

1. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville Regional – May 17-19 at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium
    No. 5 Florida vs. Boston University| Friday, May 17 at 2:30 p.m. | SEC Network
    Boise State vs. Stanford | Friday, May 17 at 12 p.m. | ESPNU

Kind of a rough time slot, to start things off.

{5} FLORIDA (sched)(roster)(stats)(twitter) vs. (4) Boston (sched)(roster)(twitter)
    (2) Stanford (sched)(roster)(twitter) vs. (3) Boise State (sched)(roster)(twitter)

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Go Red Sox!..lololol WES, you or someone need start a picks contest

3. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ticket information

Ticket Information for Potential NCAA Gainesville Softball Regional & Super Regional - Florida Gators

Re-Claim Deadline Information
    Current softball season-ticket holders will have until Monday, May 13 at 5 p.m. to re-claim their current season seats for the potential Regional & Super Regional tournaments. For current season-ticket holders to claim their seats for either tournament, visit www.FloridaGators.com/tickets and click on "Manage My Account." Use your account ID and password to log in. If you do not know your password, click on the "Forgot Password" button and it will be sent to the e-mail address on file. Once in the account, select "View/Pay 2019 NCAA Softball Regional & Super Regional Invoice" and follow the steps through the checkout process. Customers purchasing just one of the tournaments will be able to deselect the tournament they do not wish to purchase.

Tickets will be sent via e-mail for no additional charge once dates & times have been set. An additional $5 fee will be added to any order where Will Call is selected as the delivery option.

Beginning Tuesday, May 14 at 1 p.m., all fans can order All-Session Ticket Books for the Regional Tournament

Single-game tickets for the Regional Tournament will be on sale beginning Wednesday, May 15 at 8:30 a.m. and

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Look at Jade's boot! I still can't believe she stayed in the game after that ridiculous ankle tweak!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. scrappygator

scrappygator Moderator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Are you taking about Jade?

8. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    That was Jade Caraway, not Hannah Adams.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. outbackjack

outbackjack Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Wasn’t that Jade that tweaked the ankle?

10. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Thanks - guess I got my players mixed up - thanks!

11. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    I think the boot is more protective than anything else. Kelly Barnhill at times wore one during the week because of shin splints.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Senior

May 9, 2015
    Bazza;

To be honest the players reaction to the #5 seed was EXACTLY like mine. Really surprised (and happy) we we received a higher seed than Bama and the best seed of any SEC team............

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. GatorFirefighter

GatorFirefighter Junior

Apr 13, 2007
    Longwood, FL
    Bama was penalized because their out of conference schedule was garbage. We played a total of 40 games against teams that made the tournament including a lot against the top 16 seeds.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    "Tweaked" is a very kind assessment!! :) On the replay, it looked like the bottom of her foot was 90 degrees to her leg. I was amazed they didn't call for a cart!

One of the interesting things about the selection show last night was to take a look at the various teams facilities in the background of the team "watch room." Ours looks first class, all the way. Some team facilities looked like they were watching in someone's basement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    So who is responsible for that? Does the AD just go out and try to line up teams to play?

16. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Anyone know if there a site that breaks down softball RPI, similar to a Warrens for baseball? I d like to see the differences up & down the rankings, not just those 2. Kind of surprised Warrens doesnt do softball actually.

Just to play other side of Bama arguement. They did have most top 10 RPI wins in country I think they said, so I guess they had to play someone every now & then. Current RPI has UF 6 th , Bama 8th,pretty negligible, and I assume SOS is part of the RPI formula, but again never seen it extrapolated. How does Bama schedule compare to the other top 8 seeds, causing them to fall to 8th.

I would need more info to know for sure, but I personally don't see the need to go stat diving when you have head to head and same conference opponents, albeit unbalanced schedules. Bama 8th is actually more surprising to me than where UF ended up, which was surprising. SECN talking head were trying to sell Bama as a overall 2..lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GatorGirl15

GatorGirl15 All American

Oct 10, 2008
    • Like Like x 1
  18. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    ^yep that's the stuff I was looking for, thx.. I see its ncaa site, does it update frequently during year, or did they just release that this week.

19. GatorGirl15

GatorGirl15 All American

Oct 10, 2008
    Was I shocked Florida was the #5 seed? Yeah, of course. And did Alabama deserve to be higher than #8? Yep. But when you really break it all down - you can sort of see why why seeding happened the way it did.

The committee loves when teams play a tough non-conference schedule. And Alabama this season could’ve easily chose to take trips to Clearwater or California for some match ups against top 10 teams in the tournaments, but they didn’t. They chose to basically stay at home and only faced Minnesota and Arizona, thus there non-conference schedule was in the 100s. That’s why they ended the season with a RPI of #8. Plus I feel like the SEC this season didn’t have a lot of top teams just a lot of good teams and that hurt Alabama too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. GatorGirl15

GatorGirl15 All American

Oct 10, 2008
    I want to say it’s released every week, but not 100% sure.

• Like Like x 1