Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Future Gators Start Summer w/USA U-19 Women's Natl Team *added Brooks' Recap of Japan Series*

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by gatorjjh, Jun 17, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Monday, June 17, 2019
    Future Gators Start Summer with USA U-19 Women's National Team
    Herb Brooksuf
    Next up for Team USA is a trip to Paris, France and Dublin, Ireland to compete against Japan, France and Ireland from June 21 through June 24.
    GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The trio of newcomers in Charla Echols, Julia Cottrill and Rylee Trlicek helped the USA U-19 Women's National Team to a 3-0 start this past weekend in Houston.

The Red, White and Blue started their training camp June 10 and concluded it with games against the Scrap Yard Internationals, Mizuno Impulse and Texas Bombers Gold. Florida head coach Tim Walton, an assistant coach with this year's USA U-19 Women's National Team, was able to get a first-hand look at the future Gators.

Next up for Team USA is a trip to Paris, France and Dublin, Ireland to compete against Japan, France and Ireland from June 21 through June 24.
    read the rest at:
    Future Gators Start Summer with USA U-19 Women's National Team - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 6
  2. BillGator97

BillGator97 Power Wheelchair Bowler VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Central Florida
    That should be awesome experience, and awesome experiences traveling abroad for our future Gators!

Love it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    OT but nice info

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 5
  5. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Team USA won three out of four during the trip to Paris, France and Dublin, Ireland. Unfortunately, obtaining stats requires a subscription so no idea how UF players performed. But its probably good for Echols, Cottrill and Trlicek that CTW is a coach for Team USA, so they can get a head start on his methods.

6. scrappygator

scrappygator Moderator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Have you tried Game Changer? You can get recaps, box scores, and other info.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnny_cakes

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Yeah, that's where I was looking but you have to be a member to get box scores and stats, unfortunately.

Want more? Try our Individual Subscriptions

Live play-by-plays
    Box scores
    Game recap stories
    GameStream Radio
    Season stats
    Spray charts

Plus
    The GameDay Experience
    Start Free Trial
    $2.99/mo or $29.99/yr

Premium
    The Complete Fan Experience
    Start Free Trial
    $7.99/mo or $49.99/yr

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I'm on it with all the above and have not paid a penny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. johnny_cakes

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Can I borrow your log-in!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. scrappygator

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I just downloaded the app on my phone and set up an account. The U19 team has paid for a Premium Community Pass so that free members can get Live play by plays. I've never seen anything like this before, but it is a computer generated voice doing the play by play, and it shows the runners on base by name. You also get Box Scores, Game Recaps, Season Stats and Spray Charts. I don't know about the USA National Team, if they have this or not.
    I just followed the USA National Team, and they have paid for the Community Premium Pass also.
    Next week is the USA Softball International Cup in which both our National Teams will play, as well as some NPF teams. We will have former Gators and future Gators in this tournament.
    I am going to post a schedule of the games in which the Gators will be playing. Some will be on the ESPN networks also. Stay tuned.
    I would try Game Changer again and follow our two teams.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  11. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019
    Gators with Team USA Conclude Japan All-Star Series
    Herb BrooksUF SB
    Next up is the USA Softball International Cup in Columbus, Ga. from July 1-7, at the South Commons Softball Complex. Also competing at this year's International Cup will be the USA U-19 Women's National Team, No. 2 Japan, No. 4 Puerto Rico, No. 5 Mexico, No. 6 Chinese Taipei, No. 8 China, No. 13 Philippines, No. 20 Peru, Scrap Yard Fast Pitch and an exhibition with the USSSA Pride.
    GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Former Gators Michelle Moultrie, Kirsti Merritt, Aubree Munro and Kelsey Stewart are two weeks into their season with the USA Women's National Team and just completed the Japan All-Star Series with No. 2 Japan overseas.

Team USA dropped the series with Japan 2-1 as the squad fell 6-4 in the initial game, but then bounced back to win the second game of the series 7-2 at Shellcom Sendai in Isumi-ku, Sendai, Japan. Japan went on to close out the All-Star Series with an extra-inning 1-0 victory in front of a crowd of 20,331 at the Tokyo Dome thanks to a successfully executed squeeze bunt in the bottom of the eighth.

The Red, White and Blue opened its' 2019 schedule with a series of games against National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) foes Chicago Bandits and USSSA Pride. Team USA went 3-2 as it took the three-game series against the Bandits, 2-1, and split its series with the Pride, 1-1, at Parkway Bank Sports Complex in Rosemont, Ill.

Gators with Team USA Conclude Japan All-Star Series - Florida Gators

12. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    I get an email after every half inning giving all the information. Never paid a penny.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1